Montego Bay Transportation to Doctor's Beach

Livesteamer

My family has decided that they want a day at the beach in Montego Bay--no formal ship sponsored shore excursion. So, my question--what is best and safest way to get to Doctor's Beach? We are fairly certain that the beach day is all we want and there is concern about our safety leaving the port. I have read reports of securing taxi service inside the port facilities ONLY. Please help me out. Thanks in advance

My family has decided that they want a day at the beach in Montego Bay--no formal ship sponsored shore excursion. So, my question--what is best and safest way to get to Doctor's Beach? We are fairly certain that the beach day is all we want and there is concern about our safety leaving the port. I have read reports of securing taxi service inside the port facilities ONLY. Please help me out. Thanks in advance

I've just used a taxi there at the terminal. There is usually a lot of them, including larger shuttle buses. Just ask around and see if anyone else is going there, I'm sure you won't be the only ones. You would probably feel safer in the larger shuttle bus with others, so try that. I know I usually feel safer with a large group.

Just be firm if they try to get you to do an island tour. They are not trying to scam you, they are just trying to sell a service.

On the way back, do the same thing or ask the people at Doctor's for assistance. There should be taxis sitting on the street waiting to take people back to the ship.

If you are really worried, you can do the Carnival hop on hop off shuttle. However, it is more expensive than the taxi (a lot more) if you are simply going to the beach and back.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

• 3 weeks later...

Great I needed this information too, we love Dr. Cave beach and wanted to see what the prices where, is the Cab fare $7 pp each way? and if there are 20 plus of you i guess its best to get a shuttle? do you know what the fees to get in our these days?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Great I needed this information too, we love Dr. Cave beach and wanted to see what the prices where, is the Cab fare $7 pp each way? and if there are 20 plus of you i guess its best to get a shuttle? do you know what the fees to get in our these days?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Yeah, it was $7pp each way. I think the entrance is $6pp and chairs and umbrellas are the same.