Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise hotel

Iaminspired

Hi

We are looking for recommendations for a pre-cruise hotel in mid-December. Our cruise leaves on Sunday, so the hotel is for Saturday night.

We are driving down from Canada and spending 2 days in Orlando before heading to Fort Lauderdale Saturday afternoon. We won't have much time at the hotel. This is our first time in Florida for myself and my girls.

We are a family of three, my two teenage girls are both special needs. We are travelling with another couple. We are hoping for a hotel with a free breakfast. I don't want to spend a fortune on a hotel since we will be spending a fortune at Universal Studios! We would like a moderately priced, family friendly hotel with a pool, since we'll have some time in the evening.

We will have a vehicle with us but will not need a park and cruise package since we are parking at the pier.

Part of me would love to be able to see the cruise ships from the hotel room when we wake up, but I realize we may have no control over the direction the room faces, that it is definitely not worth $50 or $100!

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks so much!

Colleen

Hi

We are looking for recommendations for a pre-cruise hotel in mid-December. Our cruise leaves on Sunday, so the hotel is for Saturday night.

We are driving down from Canada and spending 2 days in Orlando before heading to Fort Lauderdale Saturday afternoon. We won't have much time at the hotel. This is our first time in Florida for myself and my girls.

We are a family of three, my two teenage girls are both special needs. We are travelling with another couple. We are hoping for a hotel with a free breakfast. I don't want to spend a fortune on a hotel since we will be spending a fortune at Universal Studios! We would like a moderately priced, family friendly hotel with a pool, since we'll have some time in the evening.

We will have a vehicle with us but will not need a park and cruise package since we are parking at the pier.

Part of me would love to be able to see the cruise ships from the hotel room when we wake up, but I realize we may have no control over the direction the room faces, that it is definitely not worth $50 or $100!

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks so much!

Colleen

Mid December you should still see reasonable rates because we aren't quite at peak yet but it is during season.

I would try the Embassy Suites.

Embassy is a nice location and in walking distance to restaurants and stores for last min items. Nearby there is Hyatt Place. Less costly. Book on valuetrips .com for good rates. Some dates are blacked out tho. You don't mention your budget.

Edited by eandj