Navigator,best deck.

janecambridge

Decks 6, 7 and 8 forward of the elevator are good. Some suites on deck 9 are under the swimming pool -- I would avoid that.

On the Navigator, the lower deck mid-ship suites are best. Suggest avoid aft suite and ones too far forward.

Suggest you take a few minutes looking at the deck plans on the Regent website. Here is a link http://www.rssc.com/ships/explorer.aspx?Ship=NAV

Edited by Travelcat2

We have been on the Navigator 3 times. We have loved all 3 and made good friends on board. But, I would think twice about a cabin in the rear.. There is a definite vibration that could bother you.

Edited by rcandkc
Added word

I like six and seven both, with seven slightly better. Since six is closer to the water, the deck and cushions can get wet if the wind and waves are up on you side of the ship. Never had my deck seven furniture get wet. Have done eight in back and mid ships and had no problem with either though we may be in the minority there. Also, both six and seven are so handy to the public areas with the elevators and spiral staircase right there when you come out of the hall. Navigator is my favorite ship by far and since our last two cruises were on Freedom of the Seas with a family group and Eclipse for a transatlantic, I am really looking forward to being back again in January!

We have been on deck nine forward three times. Very quiet and most pleasant. But then--what isn't pleasant on the Navigator. Our next cruise in November will be on deck 11--change is good!

Debi

Agree that change is good but think you may want to pack some seasickness meds. - just in case. The only time my DH has ever been really seasickness on a ship, over 20 cruises, was on deck 11 on the Navigator. We love it up high as long as the seas are calm.

I have been prone to seasickness but ate my way through stormy seas on the Navigator after starting to take Bonine three days before the cruise. Meanwhile, my never-before-seasick wife was subsisting on green apples, which was also her predominant color...

O.K,so not aft..that's fine..

So is the walkway on deck six.? Do people pass by the window suites?

We are looking at window suites,deluxe verandah or concierge.

It is really is about privacy and quiet for me..

What makes concierge worth the extra money?Not fussed about buying premium wine or extra shore excursions or binoculars.

Thank you so much for your help.

We just switched to concierge on Navigator due to midship location, included one night pre-cruise hotel and transfer, Illy espresso maker in room (onboard coffee is awful), and the 10% wine discount--we like to order off of the list. We get free wi-fi for Seven Seas Society Gold anyway, but if you don't, that's another extra.

O.K,so not aft..that's fine..

So is the walkway on deck six.? Do people pass by the window suites?

We are looking at window suites,deluxe verandah or concierge.

It is really is about privacy and quiet for me..

What makes concierge worth the extra money?Not fussed about buying premium wine or extra shore excursions or binoculars.

Thank you so much for your help.

We were on the Navigator to Alaska last year. In 2015 we are booked on the Navigator in the exact same room--a 5th floor Window Suite. The window looks onto the water not a walkway; and I'm sure it is the same for other floors. If you look at the suite sizes for the categories you are considering, the room itself is the same size (301 sq ft) and if there is a balcony, it is 55 sq ft. You dine in the same restaurants, have the same 24-hour room service, can get the same 2 bottles of liquor in your room, the same welcome bottle of champagne, etc. Just compare the "Highlights" to see if the price difference is worth it to you.

We don't book Veranda Suites because we figure it is too cold to sit on the Veranda on some cruises. On the Alaska cruise our suite had a nice sitting area with a huge window and we didn't freeze to death. We just returned from London on the Voyager, which is all veranda suites; we hardly used the veranda because it was rainy most of the time.

We have been satisfied with the Regent excursions and the wine offered at dinner. We use our Shipboard Credits for a special shore excursion.

Edited by DixieDeer

The Deck 5 Window suites do look out on a walkway. About the only difference between that walkway and the one for the Veranda suites is that the former is restricted to crew only. I booked a Window suite one time and ended up keeping the drape closed most of the time because I got tired of crew members walking by and waving at me when I was sitting there in a nightgown. Also, the window on the Window suites is rather small compared to the floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors on the Veranda suites so the Window suites feel a little claustrophobic.

The Deck 5 Window suites do look out on a walkway. About the only difference between that walkway and the one for the Veranda suites is that the former is restricted to crew only. I booked a Window suite one time and ended up keeping the drape closed most of the time because I got tired of crew members walking by and waving at me when I was sitting there in a nightgown. Also, the window on the Window suites is rather small compared to the floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors on the Veranda suites so the Window suites feel a little claustrophobic.

Perhaps we were in a different part of Level 5 on the Navigator because our window suite definitely did not look onto on outside walkway. When I look at the Navigator picture on rssc.com, I can see exactly where our suite was (and will be).

Yes I think I saw deck six,port side,on the plan,has a walkway.so you may both be right.;)

so journeyman,you said-

"About the only difference between that walkway and the one for the Veranda suites is that the former is restricted to crew only."

This sounds stupid but do some verandah suites have a walkway then?

We are now being offered a penthouse for £50 cheaper then a concierge.Its so confusing.Because we travel in Beginning of November so have lost some of the benefits I believe,like early shore excursions and meal bookings etc..but gain an overnight stay in Miami.but could this still be worthwhile?

Edited by janecambridge

Hi Jane,

The penthouse suite offer at a good price sounds like a good choice.You shouldn't miss out on any benefits as at th time of booking ask your TA to book prime 7 for you and if you have decided about your shore excursions she could book them too or find out what is available for you.also at this late stage if you are flying BA you may be able to book your seats too?

You were asking about the deck 9 penthouse suite we have been midship 9 so not sure about the 2 disabled ones you mention but on any of the 3 ships we have never been aware of noise disturbances near the lifts. Let us know how you get on.

Jean.

Does anyone know what is opposite cabin 521.?

If you look on "Discover our Ships" Deck 5:

The entrance to the laundry room is across from suites 512-514. The other doors in the middle of the hallway (doors across from 518 and 520) are storage.

The service area where the crew comes in and out is the big area across from suites 529 and 531. The door is closer to being across from suite 529.

Edited by DixieDeer