To those who recently sailed on HAL......

Vic The Parrot

They are still on the menu. Reminds me of my 94 year old mother. She likes cucumber and cold green bean sandwiches. Bread crusts on or off. Usually off when she has them for tea.

Not one of my favorites, though.

Heather ... hehehe.

The Bread, of course!

I'll eat 'em ... but they'll need to add peanut butter. :D

:D I know you're kidding, Rev, but believe it or not I know people who absolutely love cucumber w/peanut butter sandwiches. It's good because the peanut butter keeps the cucumbers from sliding out of the bread the way they do with mayo. As for me, I like mine virgin with mayo and lots of salt & pepper. My mouth waters with the thought!!

Well, as an ex-pat Brit, I grew up eating cucumber sandwiches and we didn`t have to wait for a tea party! it was a matter of economics! A cuke sarnie, or a tomato sarie is right up my street! :cool: :cool:

Vic, are you British by any chance?

jean-I seem to always be posting around you when it comes to certian foods.

My daughter-in-law and I hosted an afternoon tea for my future daughter-in-law......and all eleven of her bridesmaids....OK...one jr. bridesmaid and two flower girls don't count. My girls did the food Two of them did the sandwiches. Cucumber-egg-ham-salmon-tomato.

I wish you people would stop talking about food. I'm trying to lose weight for the wedding.

Pat.

jean-I seem to always be posting around you when it comes to certian foods.

My daughter-in-law and I hosted an afternoon tea for my future daughter-in-law......and all eleven of her bridesmaids....OK...one jr. bridesmaid and two flower girls don't count. My girls did the food Two of them did the sandwiches. Cucumber-egg-ham-salmon-tomato.

I wish you people would stop talking about food. I'm trying to lose weight for the wedding.

Pat.

What, no scrapple sandwiches or cheesesteaks or hoagies? You probably didn't have any Schmidt's either. :D

Seriously, it sounds like you hosted a very elegant tea. :)

Archived