Dreams Dominican Republic-Bayahibe

KPfromCT

Yes, you can reserve it in advance. I contacted Dreams 3 weeks ago with the same question and received the response below.

Thank you for your enquiry, it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Our resort does offer day passes, they cost $60 per adult (12 and above) children under 2 are free and children between those ages get 50% off, this is payable upon arrival via cash or credit card.

The pass is valid between the hours of 10.30am-5pm and entitles you to our all-inclusive plan including food and drinks as well as the use of our pools and beach area, this does not entitle you to a room or to our preferred club,

ID is mandatory

We do not provide transportation, however taxis are readily available at the port, prices are usually $50-$60 for a round trip

If this is of any interest to you please do not hesitate to contact me and I can arrange on your behalf

Last fall we made reservations in advance. You can use this email address.

info.drelr@dreamsresorts.com

So far, that is the best port day I have ever spent in the Caribbean! It was heavenly!

Dreams was by far my favorite place to go while in port... Anywhere! Beautiful! We just sent an email for a heads up but were told it wasn't necessary. We had 7 in our group and the total transportation cost worked out to about $15pp.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic forums app... Please excuse typos!

Definitely reserve a day pass at Dreams La Romana in advance through Louise, the e-concierge, especially if there on the weekend as the resort fills up with locals. We just returned from spending 2 weeks there and although a nice enough property we wouldn't go there on a cruise stop because the area around Bayahibe, including Saona and Catalina Islands, is so beautiful. Why spend your time on a tiny beach at a resort (or even worse at the pool) when you can enjoy an excursion to a gorgeous beach through Seavis Tours or Pro Excursions?

Take a look at these options too just to be sure they don't interest you. Nothing like spending the day on a gorgeous cat and beach...

• 2 weeks later...
Last fall we made reservations in advance. You can use this email address.

info.drelr@dreamsresorts.com

So far, that is the best port day I have ever spent in the Caribbean! It was heavenly!

thank you ...this is good to no, but i have seen u tube video of snake and big spiders on the beach...is this true

thank you ...this is good to no, but i have seen u tube video of snake and big spiders on the beach...is this true

There are snakes and spiders and iguanas and other critters throughout the Carib. We just spent 2 weeks at DLR and saw only geckos, and out of the hundreds of reviews and thread discussions I pored through before choosing DLR never saw even one mention of that. We visited several areas along the coast as well as Saona and Catalina Islands and never saw anything like that. So I can't say it's not possible of course. But also be aware there are "questionable" sources that sometimes turn out to be of a competitive nature or just someone looking to create problems. But whether true or bogus we found the beach and the surrounding areas to be very safe and quite beautiful.

It's just that the beach area is smaller than I had anticipated even with all of that research, and we would highly recommend an excursion from nearby Bayahibe with either Seavis or Pro Excursions to really see the beauty that the DR has to offer. Many people will visit this region only once during their lifetime, and it's just a shame they are spending their day at an AI resort and missing the natural beauty of the Natural Pool and nearby gorgeous beaches.

There are snakes and spiders and iguanas and other critters throughout the Carib. We just spent 2 weeks at DLR and saw only geckos, and out of the hundreds of reviews and thread discussions I pored through before choosing DLR never saw even one mention of that. We visited several areas along the coast as well as Saona and Catalina Islands and never saw anything like that. So I can't say it's not possible of course. But also be aware there are "questionable" sources that sometimes turn out to be of a competitive nature or just someone looking to create problems. But whether true or bogus we found the beach and the surrounding areas to be very safe and quite beautiful.

It's just that the beach area is smaller than I had anticipated even with all of that research, and we would highly recommend an excursion from nearby Bayahibe with either Seavis or Pro Excursions to really see the beauty that the DR has to offer. Many people will visit this region only once during their lifetime, and it's just a shame they are spending their day at an AI resort and missing the natural beauty of the Natural Pool and nearby gorgeous beaches.

Thank you. sooooooo much we did Seavis last time because of the rumor.....this time i would like to do an AI this time......but i have a bad phobia.......soooo thank you very much....i could never do the rain forest

You will enjoy Dreams, very nice resort, fun staff, nice beach and infinity pool w/ swim-up bar. And the bartenders at the beach bar and swim-up bar are some of the best we've enjoyed anywhere.

No worries! ;)