Oasis of the Seas - Spring Break - April 2011

BMJJR

Another great video by you...thanks for sharing!

I've watched all your cruise videos...love them all. You really seem to enjoy yourselves while on vacation.

Your videos have inspired me to try putting one together of our upcoming family cruise in July. I plan on taking some of your video and music ideas a to put in mine. I hope you don't mind. :)

Thanks Chesneygirl! I really appreciate the nice feedback!

Feel free to borrow any video ideas. There are many great videos posted on Cruise Critic by others that have inspired me and given me many ideas I have incorporated into my videos.

Have a great time on your cruise and let me know when you post your video!

Bruce

I think it is absloutely hysterical that I have inspired someone to prank someone with a fake bug!!! :-)

Have a great time on your cruise and let me know if you post a video of your cruise and/or of catching someone on camera freaking out over your fake bug :-)

Bruce

Thanks for the nice comment on the video! You should be very excited about your cruise on Allure in January! Have a great time and let me know if you post a video of your cruise :-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We are planning on going on the Oasis in April of 2012, and I know its around the spring break time, and also that its a mega ship. We've never been on a cruise, so wondering if the pool, solarium, buffet -all these areas get way too crouded and over all the whole ship, was it just too crouded?

If this is your first cruise.....congratulations, you have picked a great ship!

Warning: You will have a great time, get hooked on cruising and then any other ship (other than Allure) will feel like a "step down".

I was a reluctant cruiser but was hooked after my first cruise. Our cruise on the Oasis was our 7th. There are more people on this ship......but the ship is much bigger so it is all relative. The ONLY time I felt I was on the ship with a lot of people was when we were exiting a show.....but its the same on any ship.

When we were at sea and exploring the ship, I never felt crowded.

If you are traveling during Spring Break, expect more families with children. I have found the weather in April to be spectacular. In seven years, we have never had a full day of rain!

One suggestion/tip: if you are already booked (or book early).....the onboard entertainment/shows require a reservation......reserve the show times you want in advance (months in advance).........try to avoid waiting until you are on the ship. The same goes for excursions.

Feel free to send me another message is you have any other specific questions.

Have a great time and let me know if you make a video of your cruise!

Bruce

If this is your first cruise.....congratulations, you have picked a great ship!

Warning: You will have a great time, get hooked on cruising and then any other ship (other than Allure) will feel like a "step down".

I was a reluctant cruiser but was hooked after my first cruise. Our cruise on the Oasis was our 7th. There are more people on this ship......but the ship is much bigger so it is all relative. The ONLY time I felt I was on the ship with a lot of people was when we were exiting a show.....but its the same on any ship.

When we were at sea and exploring the ship, I never felt crowded.

If you are traveling during Spring Break, expect more families with children. I have found the weather in April to be spectacular. In seven years, we have never had a full day of rain!

One suggestion/tip: if you are already booked (or book early).....the onboard entertainment/shows require a reservation......reserve the show times you want in advance (months in advance).........try to avoid waiting until you are on the ship. The same goes for excursions.

Feel free to send me another message is you have any other specific questions.

Have a great time and let me know if you make a video of your cruise!

Bruce

Thanks Bruce, good info to know in advace :) So I have another question, how late were the pools and solarium open everyday? Also do they auto tip, I mean are we going to be presented with a bill at the end of the cruise for dining room service tips and other?

They usually clean the pools and hot tubs in the evening......but they rotate the cleaning so some are available at all times. We used a hot tub a couple of evenings but not too late. I never saw a time where they were all closed but they might shut them down at some point. Having an adults only area like the solarium was very nice.

As far as tipping goes......you have the option of pre-paying and have the tips appear on your bill or tip in cash. I would reccomend arranging to have the tips pre-paid (you can always add more later for above and beyond service). the advantage of pre-paying is that you won't have to wait in line at customers service for cash for tipping (which always happens). My suggestion is before you get on the ship, your entertainment, excursions and tipping should be prearranged/reserved. This eliminates any lines/wating on the ship. Less time in lines/waiting = more time for exploring and fun!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived