Private portrait session

These are somewhat specific questions, but I'm hoping someone can answer them!

We will be on the Allure with a large family group (24 people), and I have been reading on these boards that the largest groups photographers will take for walk-up portraits is 20. In order to get a group portrait do we need to make a special appointment? Is there a charge for the portrait sitting?

If you have made a private portrait appointment, I'd love to hear about your experience. And how you went about this.

Thanks!

Yes, you make a reservation for a specific time...when we had 28 it worked really well, because everyone knows what time and where...they only take pictures of large groups at certain places on the ship. There was a $75 sitting fee (5 years ago) and it was worth it. We did the picture on formal night...it was the best money I spent on that cruise. :D The only thing I would recommend is to have someone stand next to the photographer to make sure the picture is set up like you want it before he takes the picture.

On the Jewel recently, the walk up groups at formal night were limited to either 6 or 8, can't remember which. We were behind a group of ten who waited in line and were very disappointed they had to split up. If you want everybody together, make special arrangements with the photographers, they do a great job. There was a sign posted about the size limit, but, unless you were looking for it, you wouldn't see it.

Archived