Back from the 5/29 Dawn Cruise - Have a Question?

TurboDan

I was on the 9th deck starboard side with a balcony, half way between mid-ship and aft elevators, and I could hear every word in the cabin next door. Anybody else have this problem? I thought the rooms would have been soundproof.

I was also on the deck 9 mid ship aft. I didn't hear any noise from the cabin on one side. The other side the people seemed to be fighting a lot or maybe just talking loud. Couldn't tell beacuse they spoke a different language!

i also was on the 9th floor,9702.

it was a tad noisy at times.i could hear walking upstairs,and every kid inside the cabin next door.

even woke me up one night.

But i would and will cruise her again.

review Monday.

I too was on this cruise, and I was not happy. I am going to give a review as soon as I get more time within the week. I was in cabin 8538 port side. Somewhere around 3:00am I was woke up with the song " I will survive.":mad: It was amplified so I will assume it was coming from Karoake, don't really know, but I do know it was very loud. I could hear people talking as they were walking up and down the hallway, doors slamming.There must have been kids above us, because I heard them running back and forth. :eek: I have been on 3 other cruises, they were all Carnival and never heard noise like this. I will never say never, but I am not planning anymore cruises on Norweigan in the future.

Hey Tommy you were a couple of doors away from me 9688 Did you go to the guest talent show wasn't piano man great? I loved when Colin said the Captain called me to the bridge then told a joke about it!!! He was awesome!

I thought the rooms would have been soundproof.

Soundproof? Surely you gest. Seriously, I've been able to hear my neighbors on pretty much every cruise I've been on (5 NCL, 7 others).

gama - I LOVED those Colin jokes the week of the 22nd. He was so funny!

As for the room sound problems, I was on Deck 4 the week before you guys and I would hear if the person above me was taking a shower (water running), I would hear the people next door going into their drawers, and I would hear them having a fight a few times but helloooooo....you're on a cruise with 2,500 people - surely you should have known that there would be sound problems.

As for sound proof rooms....keep dreamin'. Hotels I've stayed in have the same problem.

I've been on the Dawn, 10th fl, and never heard a sound. Just the toilets that sounded like jet engines revving up. I always travel with ear plugs just in case and in all the years of galavanting the globe only used them once while staying in a hotel. But they're always good to have with you.

We were on deck 11 aft and heard very little. Never anything from a cabin next to us unless the balcony door was open. Been on deck 11 twice with no sound complaints. The only thing I could sometimes hear was a cart or something being rolled ontop of us but we were under the Garden cafe.

Other than that, nothing. My suggestion is that you try deck 11

Well sometimes we could hear Tim from Deck 4 whining about the Red Sox, or about Chicken Parm... but the whole ship heard that.:eek:

Deck 11 seemed pretty quiet.

Mark

TurboDan,

I was on the 5/22 sailing of the Dawn on the 11th floor. I was amazed that I heard nothing, not even another toilet flush. I was particuarly sensitive because I had two young children and was concerned that their noise would disturb our neighbors. Not only were we told that the rooms were soundproof, but our neighbors both "claimed" that they never heard our kids. Perhaps they were being polite. We stayed in a mini-suite. Don't know if that made a difference. Sorry that your experience was different, Jackie

We were mid-ship port side... connecting balcony cabins and I didn't hear anything. My MIL and son were in the adjoining cabin and if both of the connecting doors were closed, we couldn't hear them at all! We were just off the atrium elevators and I was a little concerned that we might be in a noisy spot with a lot of traffice outside our doors, but it wasn't bad at all.

Mark..swept by the worst team in baseball? 200 million salary vs the lowest salary in baseball? Come on now!

Too funny...

Is it October yet???? I need to check my calendar.

Do you think George's check book is lost???

We shall see young man... we shall see.

Mark

We stayed in a mini-suite. Don't know if that made a difference. Sorry that your experience was different, Jackie

Perhaps. We actually tried to upgrade to a mini-suite (actually, we intended to get one of those in the beginning, oh well) but there were none available.

Wasn't a bad cruise (other than the weather, and this one problem) but it just got annoying at times, especially since I think the people next door spent their entire cruise in their stateroom yelling on their cell phones. Really, it was more of an annoyance than anything major, but I was surprised by it nonetheless. Perhaps my cabin (9176) was damaged during the wave and there is some sort of temporary divider in there or something.

Soundproof? Surely you gest. Seriously, I've been able to hear my neighbors on pretty much every cruise I've been on (5 NCL, 7 others).

Surely, I do indeed. Never heard a peep from the staterooms beside me on previous voyages. ;)

Did you go to the guest talent show wasn't piano man great? I loved when Colin said the Captain called me to the bridge then told a joke about it!!! He was awesome!

We didn't make it to the guest talent show - but did anyone get to hear the ship's own "piano man" at Gatsby's? Really nice guy; this man knows EVERYTHING there is to know about cruising and cruise ships. He stayed and talked with us for an hour over a few drinks after his set. My mother told him the name of the ship she was on over 30 years ago and he knew exactly where that ship was today!

Saw him later in the night at Spinnaker as well. Cool guy. :D

I was on deck 4 midship and only heard a little noise once our night in Naasau. I was really concerned about this night due to our cabin was only two cabins down from where everyone entered the ship.

It wasn't bad at all for us, or I was just so tried by the time we hit the cabin I didn't hear anything! LOL

We didn't make it to the guest talent show - but did anyone get to hear the ship's own "piano man" at Gatsby's? Really nice guy; this man knows EVERYTHING there is to know about cruising and cruise ships. He stayed and talked with us for an hour over a few drinks after his set. My mother told him the name of the ship she was on over 30 years ago and he knew exactly where that ship was today!

Saw him later in the night at Spinnaker as well. Cool guy. :D

Shoreguy ~ was that you??? Are you sure you're not holding out on us????

2Cruise4Ever <--------------- thinks Shoreguy is Colin Vietch (sp?) :cool:

I also heard the whining about the Red Sox comming from deck four while the Dawn was in Port Canaveral. It must have been rather loud considering that I was sitting on my balcony in Daytona Beach at the time.

IN all seriousness, I'm really happy that most of you had such a great time and my wife and I really enjoyed all of the pictures from your cruise.

Archived