Blues Cruise - has anyone done one on HAL?

SunDapple

Apparently there is a group that charters a HAL ship a couple of times a year. The entertainment is Blues music, and some well known artists are booked for the entire cruise. I love the Blues and wonder what it's like.

We go on the Blues Cruise every year and would never consider doing a regular cruise!! NO dress code, NO disco - just blues from noon (days at sea) to 6am! There are workshops in the mornings for those who are up and for those who haven't gone to bed yet. A west coast blues cruise is in October on the HAL Oosterdam and the east coast cruise is in Jan on the HAL Westerdam. We're not allowed to post a link on this board because a group charters the ships from HAL, but google and you can figure it out. Better act quick because they are both almost sold out.

• 2 weeks later...

I googled and found it. I so wish I had known about this long ago. Just listening to the song on the website put me in the mood. The January itinerary is awesome, but it's sold out. I'm not interested in the Mexico Riviera, so Oct is out. I'll have to be sure to check for 2008/2009 itineraries.

• 1 month later...
They usually post info on the next year's cruise right after we get back from the current one. Call or email them and get on their e-mail list.:)

:confused: I don't know how! :eek: Email me a starting place? Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I am going on the blues cruise. I won a contest from Saint Blues Guitar Workshop. I just found out i won last night and the cruise is so soon. I would like any info from those who have been on one of the Blue's cruises on Holland America.

Is there any formal nights or is it casual even in the dining room?

Are you going on Delbert McClinton's cruise or the Legendary Blues Cruise? Delbert's is more for songwriters, the Legendary is totally blues and absolutely NO dress code:). Visit the chat board on the blues cruise website for more information. I'm not allowed to post a link here.:(

Sheila

• 5 years later...

Hi, I am scheduled to go on the October 2013 Blues Cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. It looks to be a great cruise. I have cruised countless times, on other ships. Only once with HAL. I really don't remember much about HAL.

Looking at Cruise critics, there does not seem to be much recent activity. Can anyone give an update on their Blues Cruise experience?

I sure would apreiate it.

Regads, Jim:)

• 2 weeks later...

I have just submitted a review under the Nieuw Amsterdam.

There are a couple of facebook groups that have more information, one for the October cruises an on for January. As an FYI they are sold out for Oct 2013 and January 2014, but you can join the waiting list.

Sheila in Ottawa

Archived