Most accessible luxury line?

TheWulf

After a good handful of sailings on the core lines (NCL, Princess, Celebrity), I'd like to try something different for 2015/16.

I'm considering the luxury lines, but cost-wise many of them just don't make sense for us.

I've noticed that Azamara tends to have some good deals - 9 night Brazil cruise for $1499/pp. This is not too unreasonable for us considering that if you value gratuities and alcohol at core cruise line rates, it would be equivalent to about a $1299 cruise, which isn't too bad for 9 days considering the unique itinerary.

Are there any other cruise lines that are somewhat positioned as luxury lines but would be not quite luxury but a step above core lines?

I know you wanted to get away from Celebrity, but may I suggest researching the suite perks after April 15, 2015. So much has changed. We will be staying in a Royal Suite on a M ship in 2015. The price is all inclusive, besides your regular amenities you now have exclusivity to Michaels club, your own private restaurant for Suite passengers, premium drink package, unlimited use of specialty restaurants, a bottle of scotch and vodka with mixers in your suite, unlimited water, soda and beer in your suite fridge at no charge. And More! IMHO Celebrity is no longer ordinary.:D

I know you wanted to get away from Celebrity, but may I suggest researching the suite perks after April 15, 2015. So much has changed. We will be staying in a Royal Suite on a M ship in 2015. The price is all inclusive, besides your regular amenities you now have exclusivity to Michaels club, your own private restaurant for Suite passengers, premium drink package, unlimited use of specialty restaurants, a bottle of scotch and vodka with mixers in your suite, unlimited water, soda and beer in your suite fridge at no charge. And More! IMHO Celebrity is no longer ordinary.:D

Luxury cruising is more than some free booze and a private restaurant. Despite these perks, X will still be a mainstream line.

Are there any other cruise lines that are somewhat positioned as luxury lines but would be not quite luxury but a step above core lines?

So you're looking for what are called the "premium", not luxury lines.....that's pretty much Oceania and Azamara.

edited to add: When you're talking about financial accessibility, it also depends on who you are and where you're going. For me, Crystal is the most financially accessible because I travel solo, and it is a MUCH better value to travel solo on Crystal than on other premium or luxury lines.

Edited by calliopecruiser

I would not think Oceania would fit in the budget you have listed unless you get a good deal for an inside the prices start much higher than Azamara

no free booze on O

You might get a deal with PP gratuities if you shop around

I saw on Oceania a 10 Rio to Buenos Aires next yr starting at $3699 pp now this includes airfare

right now they are offering a $200 SBC but that will not even cover the gratuities

I would jump on the Azamara cruise for that price ....

do compare apple to apples though

JMO

Thanks for all the comments!

Oceania actually had a last minute $1999/pp including flights and gratuities, for a 10 day Caribbean itinerary. That's actually not bad for us.

I guess it'll come down to which line ends up having a good sale when we're ready to go.