45 Days until we cruise and I still can't book dining on My NCL

mw_1970

I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, but my understanding is that you can only prebook dining reservations on the Epic - the others list the restaurants on your cruise detail site, but you can't book them like you can the excursions.

And I would not worry, they won't be anywhere near sold out when you board - and you can make them right on the ship when you get there. If you "prebook" you pay with them out of your credit card - we always like to book when we get there so that any on board credit will pay for the reservation.

I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, but my understanding is that you can only prebook dining reservations on the Epic - the others list the restaurants on your cruise detail site, but you can't book them like you can the excursions.

And I would not worry, they won't be anywhere near sold out when you board - and you can make them right on the ship when you get there. If you "prebook" you pay with them out of your credit card - we always like to book when we get there so that any on board credit will pay for the reservation.

My only concern is that as it is a Christmas Cruise I am trying to make sure I get a table for Christmas Day evening in Cagneys.

Well if you can't pre-book for that, as soon as you board go over to the crew member making dinner reservations (they are usually all over the ship including Cagney's itself, customer service and up in the garden cafe) and get your time. If no one can prebook, then you have a great shot if you do it first. I always take care of all the bookings that mean the most to me as soon as I board - anniversary reservations for dinner, spa access, etc. If you do it as soon as you board, you should have no problems.

Good luck!

I am within 45 days of sailing on the Jewel and restaurant bookings are available to me on MyNCL, so I don't believe that it's restricted to the Epic. If there's a glitch in the system, I think you'll be fine after waiting a day or two to access the online booking.

I did read on these boards somewhere that the Christmas Day Menu in Le Bistro/Cagneys et al is the same as the MDRs. Don't know whether that is true or not but maybe worth bearing in mind. I am waiting until we get on board - we have never needed to book except for Teppenyaki.

I did read on these boards somewhere that the Christmas Day Menu in Le Bistro/Cagneys et al is the same as the MDRs. Don't know whether that is true or not but maybe worth bearing in mind. I am waiting until we get on board - we have never needed to book except for Teppenyaki.

I can't see how that could be true. I am booked for Christmas Day and they can't charge to eat in Cagney's or Le Bistro if it's not the regular specialty menu.

• 3 weeks later...

Well today I checked on MyNcl and was indeed able to book my dining for our Spirit Christmas cruise so the previous messages about not being able to pre book dining on Christmas/holiday cruises was clearly incorrect.

Booked at 7pm in Cagneys on Christmas day. Cannot wait !

I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, but my understanding is that you can only prebook dining reservations on the Epic - the others list the restaurants on your cruise detail site, but you can't book them like you can the excursions. ......

Perhaps this was true when the prebooking of dining was first brought online, but your info about it being only for the epic is totally wrong.

Perhaps this was true when the prebooking of dining was first brought online, but your info about it being only for the epic is totally wrong.

Quite

The only thing (as far as I am aware) that you can book on Epic that isn't currently available to book on any other ship in the fleet is entertainment and that's because that at present (as far as I am aware) Epic is the only ship in the fleet that requires (pretty much) pre booking for entertainment.

Archived