Star Princess CD

Thanks, Jim and Pam. Guess this is one I was not familiar with.

Having just spent 2 weeks on the Star, I will say my favorite JJ Ullrich moment was his Pool and dance party. A lot of fun and good participation. The music selection was great also. Other than that he did his job well. I do wish there was Hawaiian music onboard thou. Missed that Hawaiian feel on this cruise.

Mea culpa. I was thinking of JJ King, not Ulrich. I apologize for my post. :( The good news is that I think JJ King has retired.

Pam, that's funny because I like JJ King. It's different strokes for different folks. A CD doesn't make or break my cruise. I'll ignore the bad ones, and enjoy the better ones.

I was wondering who the CD was as well. I haven't gotten the normal introduction email from the CD yet for my Alaskan trip on the 27th.

What type of introduction email are you suppose to get. We are going on the 20th and I didn't see an email, either.

Many cruises I have received an email with the bio of the Captain and the Cruise Director, Executive Chef etc. Usually it almost looks like an advertisement or it looks like important paper and it's really just a introduction piece. Don't know why you didn't get this kind of email.

Many cruises I have received an email with the bio of the Captain and the Cruise Director, Executive Chef etc. Usually it almost looks like an advertisement or it looks like important paper and it's really just a introduction piece. Don't know why you didn't get this kind of email.

Thanks, so much I did receive that type of email, it didn't include anything about the cruise director - just the captain, the Maitre D and the One of the officers. So I guess I got it after all. Thanks, again.

It makes no sense that the Cruise out of LA has so much more Hawaiian influence.

Luckily the cruise on the 15th is going to Alaska, not Hawaii, because I concur. On the April 13th cruise, listening to the music, you wouldn't have known we were sailing to Hawaii. Otherwise, JJ was okay.

So....what does Alaska music sound like?:D

It does if the cruise is going to Hawai'i

Elua! We missed you on our Star cruise to Hawaii! Had we not sailed with you to Hawaii in 2010, we wouldn't have expected SO MUCH when we sailed last month.

The four of us dragged around the ship, lamenting about the lack of music in the atrium (ELUA), poolside (ELUS) etc We were constantly comparing cruises, and noted same on our Princess questionnaire at the end of the cruise. What a bummer!

We survived....but will be very careful when we next book to Hawaii. :)

Elua! We missed you on our Star cruise to Hawaii! Had we not sailed with you to Hawaii in 2010, we wouldn't have expected SO MUCH when we sailed last month.

Should have bought their CDs like I did and then loaded them on your iPod - instant Eula cruise.

ELUA, I also missed you and Yes, I have 3 of your CD's. Unfortunately, not realizing I would need to provide my own Hawaiian music on the Star, I left them at home. Since you have not as yet mastered the art of being in more than one place at the same time, Princess needs to bring on other Hawaiian entertainers for the SF to Hawaii cruises. Having also sailed with David Cole as CD, I felt JJ Ullrich fell far short.

ELUA, I also missed you and Yes, I have 3 of your CD's. Unfortunately, not realizing I would need to provide my own Hawaiian music on the Star, I left them at home. Since you have not as yet mastered the art of being in more than one place at the same time, Princess needs to bring on other Hawaiian entertainers for the SF to Hawaii cruises. Having also sailed with David Cole as CD, I felt JJ Ullrich fell far short.

David is who I was hoping was going to be there, loved him on Golden in 2009.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdjam viewpost.gif

Should have bought their CDs like I did and then loaded them on your iPod - instant Eula cruise.

We did have ELUA along on our laptop, but had no clue Princess was making us provide our own Hawaiian Entertainment :eek: So thats why they charged so much more for this sailing:confused:

• 1 month later...

Archived