Short cruise dress code

sandancer

We have just booked a 4 night cruise on QV. Can anyone tell me if there is usually a formal night. I am guessing that cruises of less than 7 nights probably don't but it would be nice to know if we need to take anything dressy. Thanks

There is a link to the dress code calendar in the sticky at top of the board (although at the moment for QV it only goes up to the end of the World Cruise).

If you let us know which cruise you are doing we should be able to check.

If you have access to your Voyage Personaliser, dress code and theme nights will be listed there.

If you have any sea days you will probably have a formal night, I have never been on a Cunard cruise without one !

Edited by Host Hattie

We have just booked a 4 night cruise on QV. Can anyone tell me if there is usually a formal night. I am guessing that cruises of less than 7 nights probably don't but it would be nice to know if we need to take anything dressy. Thanks
Hi sandancer

Recently short cruises don't seem to bother with even one formal evening, which is a pity as these trips are frequently used by some to try Cunard for the first time, and I think a big part of the Cunard "experience" are the formal evenings.

It can depend if there is a sea-day on the trip. If yes, then there may (only may) be a "formal night" that evening (unless it is the last day/evening).

I've had mini-cruises where we enjoyed formal nights, and others where there wasn't one listed in the Daily Programme.

On a few mini-cruises I've noted that people in a group of friends travelling together (or even just a couple possibly celebrating a birthday/wedding anniversary etc) decide to have their own "formal night" and wear "black tie" regardless of the dress-code (I've done this myself). People may also think that the people "dressed up" have been to a private party somewhere on board. So if you wish to do the same, and want to have your own formal night regardless of what Cunard suggest, I'd say go ahead and enjoy yourself!

Hope this helps, all best wishes and Bon Voyage!

Edited by pepperrn

Here's the link to the QV evening dress code schedule:

https://ask.cunard.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/qvdress.pdf

I hope there is at least one formal evening because you can really enjoy the Cunard experience. Happy 29th Birthday! :D

Hm. Can I remember 29? Thanks for your advice. Nowhere better than cc for good information. I do hope there will be a formal night on our one sea day as that is THE day. We do enjoy formal nights and so many cruise lines have given up on them. Perhaps we will be looking at more Cunard cruising in the future.

Visited our TA yesterday to make final payment on one of this years cruises and while we there she called Cunard to ask about formal nights on our 4 night cruise. The answer came back as 2 formal, 2 casual. Not at all what we expected.

Is this V606P? Cunard's posted list so far only goes out to V604. The dress codes should however be in your Voyage Personalizer. At the home page go to the tab "Full Itinerary View". It should not only give you the port each day but also the dress codes for each evening.

I understand that gentlemen are required to wear jackets even on informal nights, just without a tie. That may give the impression that every night is formal. Compared to other cruise lines, where informal really means that. To be honest if every night was formal on a 4 night cruise, it would be fine by us.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks. I've got a (very) big birthday and thought this would be the ideal way to celebrate. We have 2 long cruises booked this year with Celebrity but added this one in for a special little treat.

We travelled on a 3 nighter and had one formal night. Enjoy!

I would expect to have 1 Formal on the sea day and for the rest to be informal.

Have you checked your Voyage Personaliser, it should show dress code for each night ?

At last the VP is showing dress codes. Very happy to see that the night of my BIG birthday is black and white ball. Now trying to decide whether it's going to be black or white as I have long dresses in both colours. The other 3 nights are informal but I understand DH will still need to wear a jacket.