Elbow Beach: DIY

SeaWatch

Has anyone used the bus system to go to Elbow Beach?

If so, are there chairs and umbrellas available to rent? Food and drinks available?

I read that there are 2 exclusive resorts, wondering what kind of access we will have.

Celebrity offers a $99 excursion, but that only gets you a ride and a chair. Seems pricey.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Has anyone used the bus system to go to Elbow Beach?

If so, are there chairs and umbrellas available to rent? Food and drinks available?

I read that there are 2 exclusive resorts, wondering what kind of access we will have.

Celebrity offers a $99 excursion, but that only gets you a ride and a chair. Seems pricey.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Have you looked into Coco Reef? They have a day pass available for $69 p/p and it includes a glass of wine. You would need to get there on your own. Bus will get you there but it is a long way from where the bus drops you off

I asked the bus driver to drop us @ the Elbow beach hotel.

The trail walk through the hotel property was very nice.

A drink in Hotel bar by the beach " Mikey's Bistro http://www.elbowbeachbermuda.com/dining/mickeys-en.html " hit the spot.

To the right is the public beach, Don't know if the guy is still doing rental chairs.

Edited by biker@sea

Just off the Summit We did the day pass to Coco Reef and spent another day at Elbow Beach. We stopped at the beach concession at Elbow Beach on our way in and rented 2 beach chairs plus umbrella for $75. Works out to $37.50 per person. No meals included but they do have food and beverage service on the beach or you can go to their beach restaurant or you could walk to restaurant at Coco Reef. The 2 beaches are right next to each other and the section of Elbow Beach for day visitors is directly adjacent to Coco Reef. We thoroughly enjoyed both resorts.

Three additional comments: 1) transportation - we took ferry to Hamilton and taxi to beach. Cost was $27 for two. Took taxi back to dockyard - about $50 including tip. 2) make a reservation at Coco Reef - and get there early since chairs and umbrellas are first come, first serve. 3) resorts for a day has an Elbow Beach package - it is more expensive than going thru hotel beach concession stand and the area they use is further away from main part of beach complex

Just off the Summit We did the day pass to Coco Reef and spent another day at Elbow Beach. We stopped at the beach concession at Elbow Beach on our way in and rented 2 beach chairs plus umbrella for $75. Works out to $37.50 per person. No meals included but they do have food and beverage service on the beach or you can go to their beach restaurant or you could walk to restaurant at Coco Reef. The 2 beaches are right next to each other and the section of Elbow Beach for day visitors is directly adjacent to Coco Reef. We thoroughly enjoyed both resorts.

Three additional comments: 1) transportation - we took ferry to Hamilton and taxi to beach. Cost was $27 for two. Took taxi back to dockyard - about $50 including tip. 2) make a reservation at Coco Reef - and get there early since chairs and umbrellas are first come, first serve. 3) resorts for a day has an Elbow Beach package - it is more expensive than going thru hotel beach concession stand and the area they use is further away from main part of beach complex

Where do u get dropped off by the bus and what is Elbow Hotel called?

thanks!

Where do u get dropped off by the bus and what is Elbow Hotel called?

thanks!

Elbow Beach is the answer to both questions. Politely tell the driver you want to get off at Elbow Beach. Ask that they let you know when you arrive. That is the only way you are going to know when you get there if you take a bus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

We made reservations for a day pass at the Elbow Beach Resort.

We did it through their website. We shall find out how it is, but I've read in some of these forums that it's a good way to avoid fighting some of the crowded beaches when some of the cruise ships are in.

Mickey's Beach Bistro is on the premises and it is supposed to be a pretty decent place.