Civitavecchia to Rome Airport travel time?

dan1520

We will be on the Pacific Princess May 27 to June 8 Greece, Holy Land & Egypt cruise and landing in Civitavecchia at 5 am and our flight is 11:45 am. Will we have enough time to make the flight? There are six of us and we plan to hire a van to take us all to the airport.

Is it possible and need a suggestion for the van.

We will be on the Pacific Princess May 27 to June 8 Greece, Holy Land & Egypt cruise and landing in Civitavecchia at 5 am and our flight is 11:45 am. Will we have enough time to make the flight? There are six of us and we plan to hire a van to take us all to the airport.

Unless your ship arrives late into port, you should have plenty of time to make it to the airport. Try contacting Rome Cabs for the transfer. We have used them in the past, and they are great, they will be there at the pre-arranged time on the dot.

The travel time is anywhere from 25 minutes to an hour (or more if there is a problem), all depending on the traffic.

Many passengers we sailed with had flights out around 11:00 and none had a problem making it to the airport on time. But I would get off the ship as soon as you can, just to be on the safe side. ;) Enjoy!

Unless your ship arrives late into port, you should have plenty of time to make it to the airport. Try contacting Rome Cabs for the transfer. We have used them in the past, and they are great, they will be there at the pre-arranged time on the dot.

The travel time is anywhere from 25 minutes to an hour (or more if there is a problem), all depending on the traffic.

Many passengers we sailed with had flights out around 11:00 and none had a problem making it to the airport on time. But I would get off the ship as soon as you can, just to be on the safe side. ;) Enjoy!

25 minutes? Wow, you must have had a speedy driver. I'd say the usual time is more like 45 minutes (or of course longer if there's traffic).

25 minutes? Wow, you must have had a speedy driver. I'd say the usual time is more like 45 minutes (or of course longer if there's traffic).

Yep, I was shocked. But the morning we left we ran into absolutely no traffic at all. We were transfered from the pier to the hotel right next to the airport..............speedy fast! :)

Toto, was that on a weekend? We're allowing 90 mins. for a Weds. morning pick up at 6am.

I honestly can't remember for sure, but I think it was. Possibly why we did not run into the high volume traffic times. I know I expected it to take a lot longer, as the Princess transfer from the airport took three times as long (that was on a week day). But it was lightening fast when we transferred back from the ship to the airport area.

I honestly can't remember for sure, but I think it was. Possibly why we did not run into the high volume traffic times. I know I expected it to take a lot longer, as the Princess transfer from the airport took three times as long (that was on a week day). But it was lightening fast when we transferred back from the ship to the airport area.

Thank you. :)

And, thanks also to Paul. We'll still plan on 90 mins. and if we get there sooner, that's great.

We were very happy with RomeInLimo. They were right there when we got off the ship, and gave us excellent service. I booked a large van for several couples from our ship (all who I met through Cruise Critic Roll Call) before we left home. We were expecting one large van and they sent 2 vans at no extra charge, which made it easier for everyone (we kept growing and eventually got up to 14 people). We also did a trip with them from the Livorno port (San Gimigano, Siena, and Volterra) and were very happy. They are very good about answer their email quickly, too, and I kept in touch with them via email from the ship which helped everything go even more smoothly. romeinlimo.com

Archived