Advice on Driving VS Cruising New York to Quebec City

Roadrunner55

Cruise will cost $2000 for a couple or more.

Driving will cost $200 for a couple or more.

Not sure where this advisor plans to have you overnight. ..or eat.

It really is about being a participant in a great vacation. Or the leader of a great vacation. I love driving and cruising. On vacation it's all about priorities.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app

Not sure where this advisor plans to have you overnight. ..or eat.

It really is about being a participant in a great vacation. Or the leader of a great vacation. I love driving and cruising. On vacation it's all about priorities.

So clearly I don't have advice. For a first trip I think I would cruise. Pick out top spots for a driving vacation the second time 😀

Thank you all for your advice!

I went ahead and booked the cruise as I am so busy, I don't have extra time for planning; I was also afraid I wouldn't be able to find last minute rooms along the way.

If you don't mind, I have another question:

My cruise ends in Quebec City, October 25th, I need to fly out of New Jersey October 29th; how much time would you spend in Quebec City, Montreal, and along the route to New Jersey. Or would you just fly from Montreal to New Jersey after enjoying both those cities.

Really appreciate your thoughts!

Roadrunner

I'd agree that two days each in QC & Montreal is a much better spend of time than overnighting anywhere in-between on a roadtrip home. First time visit to either city you should take at least a couple of days, both have more than enough to keep you entertained and well-fed.

It's quite possible to make the trip in a single day by car though - even if you're way down in AC it would be less than 8 hours drive down I87, so if you can find a good price on a one-way car rental you could even squeeze in a bit of leaf-peeping en route (great views without even leaving the highway - and if you can spare an extra hour or so you can swing over to I89 via the 2 over Grand Isle for some tremendous lake views; Burlington is a lovely wee city too, ideal to grab lunch in).