Second dining seating change?

DukeBlueDevil

We are booked on the Fantasy in October, and was placed in the second dining seating. Would it be worth a shot to call to get this changed to the first seating?

When making an online reservation, or if you book late (looks like that's the case here, if your cruise is THIS October) the default for dinner seating is second seating.

You can call DCL to have it changed. If Main seating (early) is full, you can request to be placed on the wait list for an opening. It could come through.

The default is always late seating; sometimes the computer will allow you to change that to "main," What you need to do at this time is call DCL and ask if they can move you at this time. If they say no, ask to be waitlisted for main dining. At boarding, look at your KTTW card--if it still indicates late seating, go to the location listed for "Dining Changes" and ask there if they can move you.

• 3 months later...

Moki's Mommy:

You seem to be very informed. I just booked (online) my first Disney Cruise and did notice second late seating for dinner and that I had not been asked either way!!! However, after logging in to My Reservations on Disney, I was able to change my reservations(2 connecting rooms) to main dining with no problem. Got a second email from Disney with my Reservation Confirmation Guest Copy now showing MAIN for dining. I am assuming I got it? I mean, if it weren't available, it wouldn't have let me do it, right?

Also, on the Disney site I linked my two reservations so when I pull up my account, they are both showing. Is this the "Linking" I need to do to make reservations, etc. for both rooms? Thanks for your help.

Pooh

Yes, you are right on all counts. MAIN = early on DCL. And if it shows on your reservation, you have it. And yes, it sounds like your reservations are correctly linked.

The only kicker on reservations can occur if the two rooms are at different Castaway Club levels. You'll only be able to book for the room(s) that have their window open. So if one room is gold and the other silver, you'll be able to book the gold room at 105 days before embarkation but you won't be able to do the silver till 90 days.

We chose second seating for 2 reasons. If the port times are long, it gives us more time to stay in port and visit. The other reason is that with late seating it generally is less crowded and fewer children who might not enjoy the sit down dining experience.

We chose second seating for 2 reasons. If the port times are long, it gives us more time to stay in port and visit. The other reason is that with late seating it generally is less crowded and fewer children who might not enjoy the sit down dining experience.

I agree with you 100%!!!!!!!! However, this cruise I am mainly doing for my kids who are 40 and 41 and so need early dining. No kidding!...... Along with my kids are my grandkids, who will be 8 and 3, almost 4, at time of cruise and there is no way I could make them wait to eat at 8:15!!!! But if we were going alone, definitely would do second seating!!!

Thank you Moki's Mommy for such a fast response! Look out, I will be asking a lot of questions as I have reviewed about the first 6 pages of threads and still have many questions! And both rooms are newbies! So I am prepared to have things booked out or have to book onboard. I am glad that I don't want a cabana!!!!! However, will there be any problem booking tours being the last to be able to do so?

OK, first question. Well, actually second question! I am looking at the Disney site and it lists 6 live shows. Since we will be on a 7 day cruise on the Fantasy, will we see all these shows that are listed? I see they also still list character breakfasts, but reading here, they have done away with them? If not, I get tickets onboard? Also, will there almost 100% likely be a Pirate Nite on our cruise? Need to prepare for that one. Grin.

Pooh

Each ship has 3 live shows. You'll see the three that are featured on whichever ship you have chosen. The other nights will feature other stuff....one night will likely be a movie in the WDT. There may be variety acts doing family shows or other activities in the theatre. No, you won't have 6 Broadway style shows. Recently some of the ships have been doing repeats of some of the more popular shows--not sure why.

Yes, it is virtually 100% sure that there will be a pirate night unless something changes drastically between now and 2019.

Character breakfasts have changed a lot over the years. I won't even begin to guess what the status will be in a year. If there is one offered on your cruise, you'll be able to book it at no charge. They have never been as good as character breakfasts at WDW. Most recently they had Disney, Jr. characters on the ships and were a free ticket event.

As to booking excursions--what is open will be available to you. Things do fill up. You can also book with private tour companies or do activities on your own. There are sections of the boards for each port and you can also ask here about private tours at specific ports.