[SIZE=3]Rai;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I'm so excited about being able to cruise the Royal on her Maiden crossing. I know the in cabin televisions will have some new features such as on demand entertainment (which I'm looking forward to) but I was wondering if they will have any side mounted connections wherein passengers will be able to hook up a portable DVD player or portable HD to watch their own content. We have a tradition that we ring several DVD's from old television shows that we like to watch when we are not watching ship based programming.....:):):)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]
Bob[/SIZE]

Hi Bob - the stateroom televisions don't allow the hook up of personal DVD players. There are hundreds of on-demand offerings so I'm certain you'll enjoy the programming!

[quote name='Rai Caluori']Hi Bob - the stateroom televisions don't allow the hook up of personal DVD players. There are hundreds of on-demand offerings so I'm certain you'll enjoy the programming![/quote]

[SIZE=3]Thank you for promptly replying to my question. With so much to explore on this wonderful ship, I guess I'll have to spend less time in the cabin. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Thanks Again......:):):)

Bob[/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
I am wondering what the reasoning is for not being able to hook up your own DVD player? We also bring our favourite TV shows to watch and we were able to hook up on the Diamond but not the Emerald. We put our laptop on the table and watched them this way which of course was not nearly as nice as watching on the TV screen.

[quote name='PLW0520']I am wondering what the reasoning is for not being able to hook up your own DVD player? We also bring our favourite TV shows to watch and we were able to hook up on the Diamond but not the Emerald. We put our laptop on the table and watched them this way which of course was not nearly as nice as watching on the TV screen.[/quote]

[SIZE=3]Why couldn't you hook it up on the Emerald.....?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Bob[/SIZE]

[quote name='Woobstr112G'][SIZE=3]Why couldn't you hook it up on the Emerald.....?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Bob[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

The connections were not there. On the Diamond they were hidden so we could not reach them but they sent someone to our cabin and he was able to hook it up with no problem. We were told on the Emerald that there was no way it could be done.

Archived