Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

• 1 month later...
Baltimore Marriott Waterfront - 4 star

700 Aliceanna Street

February 2012 - 1 night

Bid = $79.00/accepted

Total Price = $98.65

$79.00 was my first bid, and was shocked it was accepted. Is something wrong with this 4 star?

I have stayed there for a conference a few years ago. It is really nice! Gorgeous views of the harbor. It is a bit of a walk to the Inner Harbor area, but if you are in reasonable shape, it shouldn't be a problem. You got a great rate! Check out the reviews on TripAdvisor.

• 4 weeks later...
I have never used PriceLine. How do you get a place close the pier (FLL)? Is there a way to do a search with free shuttle?

First, you want to go to the right forum: Florida Priceline.

Second, please take some time and review the following web sites: betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com. It may be a little confusing at first, but you can check out "areas", icons = amenities, recently booked hotels at what bid price, etc.

Check out "your Roll Call" thread; cruisline, ship, your sailing date. If you don't find one already started, remember some people input dates differently; example Dec. 25, December 25, 2012, 12/25/2012, etc.

Have fun learning a lot. Keep in mind, once you bid on Priceline and it is accepted, you have bought and paid for the hotel stay. If you need more than one bed or room, Hotwire may be better for you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I do not know if you are going for business or for a cruise??? We did not bid on it. But, stayed at the hampton inn on staten island. Had free shuttle to port. Free shuttle from airport is iffy. Nice place it stay if away from the noisy highway side. Happy sails, marydallas

I have never used PriceLine. How do you get a place close the pier (FLL)? Is there a way to do a search with free shuttle?

Priceline only recently started listing amenities, but it's kinda weird how they do it. If you must have a particular amenity, you probably want to avoid Priceline, and go for Hotwire instead. You will probably end up paying a bit more on Hotwire though.

Sounds like you're a newbie to Priceline. While I am a big fan, I highly recommend spending some time learning the Priceline ropes. It will pay off. http://www.hoteldealsrevealed.com along with betterbidding are good resources to start with.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We decided to try Priceline with the airport location and won:

09/13/2012

3* Sheraton Vancouver Airport

$65

$88.51 with tax

the Sheraton website shows the hotel to be $227.42 (before taxes) with AAA.

Hotwire for Baltimore Inner Harbor area

3 Star

Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel

82.00 + 19.92 taxes and fees = 101.92

6/8/12 - 6/9/12

Amenities are Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center

The lowest rate showing on their website for this night is $271.00, so I'm very happy with this!

Hotwire hotel for LaGuardia area

$68 ($90.27 with taxes) for 3* LaGuardia Airport Hotel. 3.5* customer rating on Trip Advisor

Amenities: airport shuttle, restaurant(s), complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, High-Speed internet access

One room, 2 guests, May 11, 2012

This was the hotel I expected to get, and it will be fine for one night between flights after returning from our Med cruise.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

• 3 weeks later...

We would like to book a room near Times Square for two nights July 26th and 27th before our cruise. I would like to use Priceline or Hotwire, but I would need two beds. Is there any way to do it, making sure we would get two beds ? Thanks for any info. Janice

I use Hotwire and specify 3 people. I haven't done this in NYC, but I have done it elsewhere without a problem. You may pay a little more than the 2 person rate, but it's worth it if you really want 2 beds.

Just be sure to check in in a timely manner. If you're going to arrive late, call the hotel directly late morning on your arrival date and tell them you are definitely coming and to block out a room with 2 beds for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Won on Hotwire on 5/30/12 for stay 6/23 to 6/27

Sheraton Lincoln Harbor for $138/night +taxes

4 star, hoboken, jersey city, north bergen area zone.

We have stayed there. It is very nice. Large Suite rooms. Close to the ferry.

I have stayed there for a conference a few years ago. It is really nice! Gorgeous views of the harbor. It is a bit of a walk to the Inner Harbor area, but if you are in reasonable shape, it shouldn't be a problem. You got a great rate! Check out the reviews on TripAdvisor.

I second that! Great view and great area.

• 3 weeks later...
Hotwire hotel for LaGuardia area

$68 ($90.27 with taxes) for 3* LaGuardia Airport Hotel. 3.5* customer rating on Trip Advisor

Amenities: airport shuttle, restaurant(s), complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, High-Speed internet access

One room, 2 guests, May 11, 2012

This was the hotel I expected to get, and it will be fine for one night between flights after returning from our Med cruise.

What hotel did you get?????:confused:

• 1 month later...

Date: 28 May 2013 -- 31 May 2013

two nights

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $132

Stars: 4 ****

Hotel: W New York Hotel (541 Lexington Ave)

Area: Downtown -- Financial District

Totals for two nights: $264 + $48.04 taxes + $14.32 Fees = $326.36

I always hear people say you can't get a nice hotel in NYC for less than $200 a night. I've always scored rooms (4 star hotels) for less than $150 a night.

The "W" is about four blocks from Grand Central Station. Very pleased with this win!

Enjoy!

Kel:)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Won on Hotwire on 5/30/12 for stay 6/23 to 6/27clear.gif

Sheraton Lincoln Harbor for $138/night +taxes

4 star, hoboken, jersey city, north bergen area zone.

New here, interested in bidding, and just wondering if there is a "how-to" FAQ somewhere in the forum about it?

• 2 months later...