Sheraton Suites Plantation- North Street

oldmedic

We stayed one night before our Nov/Dec cruise, left our car there for 32 days for free, then stayed a night there upon return. We walked over to the nearby mall and had a good trek around the inside mall plus lunch, enjoyed the food in the bar area on both nights, ordered breakfast($, no free breakfast) in the restaurant (instead of the buffet), took the shuttle to the cruise and a taxi back ($ both ways, no free shuttle), parked under the old mall parking deck which was out of the FL sun, and very much liked the friendly front desk folks.

I've read some of the negative reviews but I have nothing negative to say and, in fact, will call for reservations there on our upcoming Dec/Jan cruise.

Mary Jane

• 5 months later...
We stayed one night before our Nov/Dec cruise, left our car there for 32 days for free, then stayed a night there upon return. We walked over to the nearby mall and had a good trek around the inside mall plus lunch, enjoyed the food in the bar area on both nights, ordered breakfast($, no free breakfast) in the restaurant (instead of the buffet), took the shuttle to the cruise and a taxi back ($ both ways, no free shuttle), parked under the old mall parking deck which was out of the FL sun, and very much liked the friendly front desk folks.

I've read some of the negative reviews but I have nothing negative to say and, in fact, will call for reservations there on our upcoming Dec/Jan cruise.

Mary Jane

Hey Mary'Jane. We are planning to stay at the Sheraton plantation pre cruise in Jan. Wondering if it makes better sense to take taxi to ship vs shuttle. And if the cost of each is comparable?

Hey Mary'Jane. We are planning to stay at the Sheraton plantation pre cruise in Jan. Wondering if it makes better sense to take taxi to ship vs shuttle. And if the cost of each is comparable?

A cab from the Sheraton out in Plantation to the cruise port will cost you a fortune. It is a good thirty minute ride.

• 3 weeks later...

Mary Jane

It sounds as if Mary Jane had a good experience at this hotel.

We booked a room here almost a year out and I called a week before our arrival date to confirm everything.

We flew into FLL, arriving after 3pm. We got our bags, grabbed a cab and went to the hotel. They had given our room away

even though we had guaranteed with a credit card. They tried to "walk us" to a less expensive hotel, which we didn't

accept, and ended up hiking, with our bags, as Sheraton would not pick up the cab or even give us a ride, to a Residence Inn across the large street. We were polite, never lost our temper (DH handled this part......I was ANGRY!) If you are arriving earlier in the day you would probably be okay.......and I do hope they have a newer front desk person. The whole attitude there was "Tough" and unhelpful....we would not book again.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app