Navigator - which cabin should I choose?

soxchik

I'm about to book my FIRST cruise and I'm nervous about cabin selection especially since this is last minute and there aren't many cabins available. I've been hesitant because I get seasick but am going to go for it anyway! I want a balcony cabin, but am not sure what the differences are between the decks and couldn't find much online ie: D1-3, E1-2, deluxe or superior (huh? maybe this is just size?) I have a hard time sleeping with noise but I can always bring earplugs if necessary. Is there a deck I should aim for or avoid because of either increased seasickness or noise? Is there a general preference for a side of the boat? It looks like most of the cabins left are in the middle of the ship. Ok, this is what I see available: any suggestions? I'm thinking either 8652 because its towards the back or 1570 because it is the only one left on deck 10 (though it is more expensive by a little bit). Thank you in advance!

Deck 7: 7546, 7646, 7248, 7638, 7690, 7564, 7550, 7542, 7244

7612, 7584, 7574, 7570, 7568, 7326, 7662, 7362, 7332

Deck 8: 8256, 8252, 8652, 8238, 8240

Deck 6: 6634, 6546, 6338, 6336, 6334, 6330, 6664, 6662, 6362

Deck 10:1570

Hi we have just returned from a fab cruise on Navigator, I can honestly say that 95% of the time you didn't even know you were on a ship.

I even when ice skating while the ship was at sea and didn't fall once (I'm a grandmother of three and have only tried skating a couple of times in my life)

Mid ship cabins are the best ones to go for, the only times we noticed any movement was when we were at the pointy bit at the front.

We had a promenade cabin on deck 8, which was very quiet.

We like Balconies as well, but we find that we never spend much time in our cabins, especially when we travel in a large group.

Navigator is quite a large ship, so depending on how mobile you are being near to a bank of elevators may be a consideration.

Good luck with your first cruise.

Jem

I would recommend try to get one the nearest to the middle as possible. On the Navigator those cabins are on the hump or bump or nearby. These are, also, close to the elevators and stairs. The D1/2 E1/2 differences are mostly the location, and a slight size difference. IMHO you wouldn't know the difference in the cabin unless you stayed in both, the difference in size and features is nominal.

Bonine or the generic meclazine is an excellent product that should solve most sea-sickness issues unless the seas are extraordinarily rough or your are really motion sickness prone. The Navigator is a very large ship and in most conditions you shouldn't have much to worry about.

jc

I'm about to leave to meet the NOS in Barcelona. We booked a D3 which is the same as a D1 or D2 only less expensive. The only difference is the location. We picked one on deck 6 right near the central elevators in the centrum. We've also had an aft E1 (?) on the Mariner. Still a good cabin but too far for me from the elevators. It was one heck of a walk.

2P.P1

Generally you will feel the least movement midships and as far down as possible. I am prone to mal de mer so I speak from experience. There is not much difference in the grades but if you are worried about sea sickness get a cabin on Deck 6. Don't even think about deck 10.

Deck 10 is considered a "prime" deck, since it houses most of the suites, and it's close to the pool, WJ, etc.... Easy to use the stairs to go to the most frequented spots.

But, you should look at the deck plans and pick something as close to the center of the ship as possible, If price isn't a huge factor, get the largest room you can afford--a D is larger than an E catagory. You won't be sorry--ship's cabins are really small.

I'm about to book my FIRST cruise and I'm nervous about cabin selection especially since this is last minute and there aren't many cabins available. I've been hesitant because I get seasick but am going to go for it anyway! I want a balcony cabin, but am not sure what the differences are between the decks and couldn't find much online ie: D1-3, E1-2, deluxe or superior (huh? maybe this is just size?) I have a hard time sleeping with noise but I can always bring earplugs if necessary. Is there a deck I should aim for or avoid because of either increased seasickness or noise? Is there a general preference for a side of the boat? It looks like most of the cabins left are in the middle of the ship. Ok, this is what I see available: any suggestions? I'm thinking either 8652 because its towards the back or 1570 because it is the only one left on deck 10 (though it is more expensive by a little bit). Thank you in advance!

My picks:

Deck 7: 7546, 7646, 7248, 7638, 7690, 7564, 7550, 7542, 7244 - has a much larger balcony; we have never felt extra movement on the aft. *I* would take this one.

7612, 7584, 7574, 7570, 7568, 7326, 7662, 7362, 7332 - on the edge of the hump - midship - excellent location

Deck 8: 8256, 8252, 8652, 8238, 8240

Deck 6: 6634, 6546, 6338, 6336, 6334, 6330, 6664, 6662, 6362 - don't take - possessed by the devil. :D

Deck 10:1570

Thanks so much for all your helpful suggestions! We'll go for the middle, largest we can afford, on a lower deck (I'm checking out the great specific suggestions now!) - I didn't even think about the fact that a higher deck would be more rocky - clearly I don't spend much time on boats large or small! We are both very mobile and I don't mind at all being a little farther away from "the action" if it means it will be a bit quieter and I won't be sick. Here's hoping for smooth sailing, I can't wait!

• 3 years later...

Archived