Back from the Triumph!

Catrin

Hi there everyone...

We finally got back last night after a LONG day at the airport!

I will be gathering my thoughts and writing a LONG detailed review later!

Summary - FUN FUN FUN >> but, I will have some critical thoughts ... and the sad realization that I may be ready for something different....

Stay tuned!

Cathy

dolphin.gif

Ecstacy October 1992

Destiny October 1999

TRIUMPH May2003

Our TRIUMPHant Return! May 15th

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

http://community.webshots.com/user/catrin0917

Cathy, I am looking forward to your review and thoughts on the cruise. You last comment sounds familiar as I stated the same thing after the Triumph.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

9/02/2004 Fantasy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;9;2;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas 12/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I just posted my review on my April 24th Triumph cruise, however, I seem to have a different opinion.

Please do tell the negatives. Our cruise was the best yet.

Ecstasy,E.Caribbean Oct.1993

Holiday,W.Caribbean Jan. 1995

Festivale, S.Caribbean Feb.1996

Sov. of the Seas, Bahamas Jan.1998

Ecstasy, Bahamas Mar. 2000

Victory, Canada, Jun. 2001

Sensation, W. Caribbean, Jun.2002

Paradise, E. Caribbean, Apr. 2003

Triumph, E. Caribbean, Apr. 2004

ships23image1_th.gif

Ship.gif

I'm hoping there aren't too many negatives about the Triumph on your review, Catrin. We'll be sailing her July 10 and I don't know if I want to read/hear anything negative right now. Born2crooz.....just read your review......great information and so many positives about the Triumph! Thanks!

7/10/04 Carnival Triumph

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;7;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Holiday 6/94

Carnival Paradise 7/99

Celebrity Century 7/02

We were on the Triumph on the April 3rd cruise...the cruise in itself was great! The weather, they said was the best in 9 weeks.

The only problem we had was, we were also on a April, 2003 cruise...and ALL the shows were the same..disappointing to say the least! John Heald was their with his "Mary" skit...and he says he never met the people, but the show was the same as before..almost word for word! Same with the "I love you, I want you" bit..same...boring... boring! For the money paid I would hope that they would have new shows every year! I guess they think too much of a "good" thing is OK!!! It is time for a burial at sea for those shows.

Our 5th cruise on the VALOR leaving in......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;4;3;16;01;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> John Heald was their (there) with his "Mary" skit...and he says he never met the people, but the show was the same as before..almost word for word! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is telling the truth..........John never meets the people before..........his assistant CD (in this case Wee Jimmy) does all the finding, meeting......explaining etc.) and JH does his "show"!

kangaroo.gif

aus.gif

Storm'n Norman & Skippy

The Aussie Cruise-a-holic Duo

Cruise Photos @

http://community.webshots.com/user/stormnnorman

CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS (IN ABOVE LINK) FROM THE "STAR PRINCESS" (18TH OCTOBER 2003)!

http://community.webshots.com/user/justgotta

Check out my latest Triumph Cruisin' KRAZY Caribe Crew photos for 8th May 2004 (in above link)!!

John Heald = Boring.....and perhaps a little economical with the truth. As mentioned on another thread, it seems the best and cheapest place for in the world for Jewellery changes every week. On the East cruise on the 8th, it was St Thomas, on the next weeks cruise it changed to Cozumel....He said that St Thomas used to be the cheapest. When was that, last week? Sorry Norman, but John and the whole act is very very tired. We jimmmy, Willy banger, Mary, Love you, need you stuff.......got old very quick.

I am sure that when you do see these shows more than once it might get boring.I would love to see them again, I have my fingers crossed John will be on the Valor when I crise her next year. The one thing I do have to say though in all my cruiss I have been on I have NEVER noticed a cruise director as many of them were not entertaining, but when i sailed the Triumph last August all I did was laugh.............John and Wee Jimmy were great entertainers..........

My name is Cathy and I am a member of O.A.T.C.(Openly Addicted to Cruising) and I suffer from P.C.D. (Post Cruise Depression)

Doric 1979

Statendam 1980

Norway 1981

Atlantic 1982

Independence 1983

Tropicale 1985

Jubilee 1986

Atlantic 1988

Celebration 1989

Destiny 1997

Disney Magic 1998

Paradise 2000

Sensation 2001

Sensation 2002

Triumph 2003

Coming soon..Navigator of the Seas 8/14/04

Carnival Valor 7/24/2005

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Florida Phil @ the Bag Lady:

John Heald = Boring<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd duck and cover after a comment like that.

Every cruise director afloat has a repetoir that they draw from. Some of the material is quite old. John used jokes that were ancient when the late Malcolm Kennedy was a Carnival CD. But John's unique talent is in his delivery that makes it all seem fresh and new, even if you've seen it twenty times before.

You mentioned on another thread that this was your first cruise. Perhaps you were expecting Julie McCoy?

Wait until you sail with Jeff Brrronnnnsonnnnn. *THAT* is truly painful.

demon2.gif

namelogo.png

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Followed by:

Carnival Valor 10/30/05 CC Group

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

And then:

Carnival Spirit 12/10/05 Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Perhaps something else as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Florida Phil @ the Bag Lady:

John Heald = Boring.....and perhaps a little economical with the truth.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TEF43 took me on my very first cruise in January, so I have nothing else to compare it with. For me personally, I have to be honest about John Heald and his crew.....they were just hysterical! I never, ever laughed so hard in all my 40 something years! "OLD SCHOOL" laughs...perhaps..but it was entertaining and funny! IMHO...YMMV

The second time to see it, may NOT be as funny,but still entertaining.

With all the hype and build up about John being such a great CD,I was kinda worried I would be disappointed. NOT AT ALL!

As for the jewelry...we did find better prices at Cardows for what we were looking for.

All in all, John and his crew did indeed help make MY cruise much more enjoyable, remarkable and memorable to be sure!

Kathy

Yacht.gif

FIRST CRUISE! Carnival Triumph 1-17-04

COMING UP:

???

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Valor 10/30/05 CC Group

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Spirit 12/10/05 Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Catrin I have to agree with you. Also collecting my thoughts about Triumph cruise. There were alot of good things about ship but there was also bad things. My dining room waiter could not have been better. My room steward was sometimes down right rude. One morning was daughter was sleeping in and she told her to leave the room for 20 minutes so she could clean the room. My husband tried to talk to her and she would never answer him. This lady never smiled. No extra tip for her.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;05;15;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

It is still on the boards somewhere, (it's titled Triumph Eastern Caribbean Review but here is the link on the Review Board:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=4637

Ecstasy,E.Caribbean Oct.1993

Holiday,W.Caribbean Jan. 1995

Festivale, S.Caribbean Feb.1996

Sov. of the Seas, Bahamas Jan.1998

Ecstasy, Bahamas Mar. 2000

Victory, Canada, Jun. 2001

Sensation, W. Caribbean, Jun.2002

Paradise, E. Caribbean, Apr. 2003

Triumph, E. Caribbean, Apr. 2004

ships23image1_th.gif

Ship.gif

how in the world could you call john beald borning....he is rated the best cruise director

by carnival and guest.that is why carnival wants him to bring out the new ships he has brougnt out the destiny triumph glory to name a few over the past few years and will be bringing out the valor.....other cruise lines have offered him contracts to come to their cruie line over the years..we have been on close to 50 cruises over the past 9 years and it is fair to call myself an expert or close to it in the cruise pro and cons...and i can tell you this john is not borning, once you see some of the other cd out there then you can compare i will not mention in all fairness the names of these other cd but trust me they are over their heads for sure. Yes i will admit the marys the willies the dicks are the same, but the people are never the same and you never prepare yourself how people are going to react and say thing once on stage, that is why john is the best, he bring out the best in people he takes things that people say on stage and turns them into something else, and he is the best in the world doing this....he rates with the leno and letterman type for sure. Yes some of the people are prepicked by socal host just to get there ok on what is going on etc but they really dont know what they are getting into until show time.......john helad supply the best medicine in the world anyone could want on vacation/cruise and this fun and laughter....

it is not fair to knock any cruise director becuase of sale talks etc...that is company rule and that is how they make money by selling and promoting stores in the port of call they all do it from rccl to ncl to ccl .

Archived