Sinian leaves ncl

vols_159

Totally understand his wanting to leave. We cruised last with him in December on the BA. His energy level and getting everyone to have fun was amazing.

We wish him well, hoping our paths will cross again sometime.:)

I miss Matt baker he was the best

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He's our favorite so far of the CD's that we've had and has set the bar high. I do wish we'd had the opportunity to cruise with Sinan though, he sounded fun.

Edited by sparks1093

The funny thing with me and CD's is that I only remember the names of couple that I didn't like and not the ones that I enjoyed. I really like the CD on the Jade earlier this month but neither DH or myself remember his name.

We cruised last with him in December on the BA. His energy level and getting everyone to have fun was amazing. [/size]

He was assistant CD to johnny ibrahim learnt from one of the best' great energy , fun involved great CD. Also no longer with NCL.

We wish him well, hoping our paths will cross again sometime.:)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Celebrity is rather subdued compared to NCL and they have very few announcements during the day. I wonder if Celebrity passengers will find him to be a bit "over the top"?

Celebrity is a natural progression for Cruise Directors from NCL. They shine bright but when they start to run out of energy for the passengers or disagree with new corporate policies, a more subdued line fits well and they don’t have to leave the cruise ship world completely.

In response to another poster, Kyle Dodson and Linda Minikin were the two worst Cruise Directors I’ve sailed with on Norwegian. To my understanding, Linda is no longer with Norwegian either. :cool:

Again, I wish Sinan well on this new endeavor! :D

Selfishly, I'm sorry to see Sinan go to Celebrity. BUT, I completely get it.... I was hoping to cruise with him again...guess I'll have to revisit Celebrity after all these years! I wish Sinan major good luck, much happiness, and continued success...

Edited by cv322

• 4 weeks later...

Sinan is truly awesome. I hope to be on the Solstice sooner than later. To me he makes any cruise that much better.

Three of my favorites left NCL for varying reasons.

Sinan Ulucay - to Celebrity

Gary Glading - Working on his animal sanctuary

Kyle Dodson - to Celebrity

Sinan is truly awesome. I hope to be on the Solstice sooner than later. To me he makes any cruise that much better.

Three of my favorites left NCL for varying reasons.

Sinan Ulucay - to Celebrity

Gary Glading - Working on his animal sanctuary

Kyle Dodson - to Celebrity

We are definitely looking to book in the future as well!

Paul was the best, but I do have to agree with the poster who says: people change companies by the millions everyday. That being said, I am sure this is important to many of you...or a sad time at least.

We had Paul when we took the Celebrity Silhouette during their inaugural season (second sailing I believe). He was one of our favorite CDs for sure. Really funny guy. My favorite memory was when he followed my DW and I around whenever we were playing in the officer's poker tournament. My DW joked with him about mentioning us on one of his cruise TV broadcasts and he did lol. Great guy.

Edited by nycmode

omg just read his facebook page and he gets on silhouette for our cruise in August - fabulous

Happy...or jealous ;) ... for you !!

Wonder of they will let him be himself or will he be confined to "Celebrity" standards ?

Anyways I wish you a great cruise !

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

omg just read his facebook page and he gets on silhouette for our cruise in August - fabulous

Lucky you! And I'm hoping he's still on the Silhouette for our TA in November. That will be the start of his sixth month with Celebrity; I have no idea whether he might be given vacation then.