Beaches other than dock area?

swimgirl1

We are thinking about renting a golf cart to get to a more private beach other then at the port area, are there any- I'm having trouble finding them???

If you are the only ship in port, is the beach big enough to get away from the Mville crowds??

Grand Turk has beautiful beaches and great snorkeling:

We are thinking about renting a golf cart to get to a more private beach other then at the port area, are there any- I'm having trouble finding them??? The only reason I would rent a cart is to explore the island. Maybe stop at some of the beaches along the way. (see answer to second question)

If you are the only ship in port, is the beach big enough to get away from the Mville crowds?? The beach is very large - you could also walk empty beach to Jack's Shack. Continuing on you'd hit Governors Beach. Now if you are looking for a beach with absolutely no one on it I'm not sure where that would be.

if you walk 15 minutes to the right, when you get off the boat, this is what you'll see:

f2ldfq.jpg

You don't need a golf cart to get there -- considering there are no roads to that beach, you wouldn't be able to use the cart to get there anyway.

As discussed, you can also head to the left 15 minutes, to a relatively empty beach in front of Jack's Shack and the other beach bistros.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the previous poster. I walked to the stretch of beach you see pictured and had the whole place to myself for hours. Though the ship was in sight it was like being far away. Lots of shells along the beach as you proceed there.

I agree with the previous poster. I walked to the stretch of beach you see pictured and had the whole place to myself for hours. Though the ship was in sight it was like being far away. Lots of shells along the beach as you proceed there.

Yes, beach to yourself and lots of shells!

100_7412-1.jpg

what would the swimming be like in that spot?

Off the beach is quite a bit rockier than the main beach and the sand is quite soft so walking can be a challenge, you sink up to your ankle. Also, if the water is rough, the main beach is sheltered by whatever ships are docked there, this beach is not. On the other hand, if you want to snorkel, there is a lot more to see, and depending on how far you want to walk, you can get around to the east side of the island.

Archived