Sensation 11/29-12/4 Review

cruisnmomof2

Well, we are back & sure hated to see the Port of New Orleans come into sight!! This being our first cruise I don't have anything to compare it to, but it was GREAT! My daughter (16) has come to the conclusion that everyone needs to cruise one week each month!!! Boy, I wish I could afford to... Let see, let me start with the Port of New Orleans; there is alot of construction going on around the port, traffic is a mess, but bearable. We arrived at the Port at approx. 11:00 am, we were walking onboard ship by 11:45 am. They told us we wouldn't be able to go to our rooms until 1:30 pm, but ours was ready by 12:30!!!

All of the crew were really nice, big smiles, gave you the feeling they loved being there. My sister and daughter spent a little while talking to a couple of the crew members late one night up on deck & they really made a good impression on them.

Our Room Stewart was Jean, he and his asst(s). were great, had 3 towel animals and he kept my cooler full of ice the whole week. Our room never had any odor. We never smelled any odors in the hall. My only complaint was that our room had no water pressure and very little hot water during the busy "shower" times of the day.

Our waiter in the dinning room was Edgar. I can't say enough good things about Edgar, he stole our hearts. He remembered everything after the first night, and he spoiled my daughter and made her feel very special. I finally got to try the pumpkin soup, I liked it, but liked the smoked salmon better!! Lobster was good, but my prime rib was wonderful. We ate at the pizzaria, was good (better late at night). Ice cream was real good. The buffet didn't have a very large selection, but was pretty good. We ordered breakfast from room service several times, and it was good. If you get the chance order the Chicken Fajita Wrap from room service, oh my goodness, it is to die for!!! So is the Chocolate Cake.

I tried several of the "Drink of the Day" drinks, liked all of them except the "Yellow Bird". YUK too sweet. The drink coupons I had ordered came in real handy when getting refills on the drink of the day. I had ordered my daughter a towel to be in the room upon arrival. It was wrapped in a clear bag with a big red bow on it. Those towels are over 5 feet long. She loved it.

We snorkled at XCarte while in Calica. Bus was waiting on us at the pier, took 15 minutes to get to park. The snorkle guides were great, spent alot of time with us showing up starfish, sponges, eels, etc. Will do that again one day! I highly recommed XCarte. Worth the $55.00 admission (snorkling was $29.00 per person).

Shopped in Cozumel. Got to ride in one of the infamous taxis! Oh my, that was the longest 15 minutes of my life!!! Word of warning: HOLD - ON!!! We went to Senor Frogs after shopping and LOVED IT!! Great Strawberry Margarettas! That will be a must for my next trip. I'm just glad I went shopping first or I would have never left Senor Frogs after arrival! Too Fun!

I'm trying to think if there is anything I missed. I'm sure I'll remember something after sending, but, if anyone has any questions, just let me know!!!

Loved the Sensation, will travel on her again one day I hope!

Yeah!! You had Jean too! Didn't you just LOVE HIM!!!!!! He was so wonderful!! I thought my first Steward on the Sensation was wonderful until I met Jean, he just brightened my day! I talked to him alot about his family at home (bless his heart, you can just tell how much he misses them...), he was just so pleasant and always had a smile!!! I hope to have him again one day!!

Glad you enjoyed the Sensation!!!!

Thanks for the review. I willbe on the Sensation on the 1st on Jan. DO you know if I can get to the boarding area walking from the Hilton, or do I need to drive all the way areound? It seems that we may be able to save time by walking from the Riverwalk?

Barbara

It IS possible, but with luggage it might be tough... it is a longer walk than it looks from the hotel, and not just a straight shot... I don't think I would have attempted it, but I had luggage.. if you just have one bag, you might want to do it... but walk it first early in the morning and see if you want to give it a shot! It was definitely worth the cab fare for us!!!

Yes, I'm hooked (evil laugh!!!). So is my daughter. She came off the boat trying to figure out how we can go on another one. She's put in a request that we give her a cruise each year for her birthday. (Yes, she has expensive taste)!!! But I do see this as something we will be repeating. My husband has no desire to go, so I guess it'll just be us girls!! I sure hate that (there's that evil laugh again)!!!

Peyton6,

We had the late seating. I wish we had changed it, cause by the time we ate at 8:30 we got sleepy quickly afterwards. Next time I'll make sure we have early seating. Our waiter was Edgar, if you get him, you will absolutely LOVE him. The shows were great.

Archived