SD1 - Feb. 18 to 27

DisneyJen

Now that you have the correct ship, it must be real!

Glad to see you are paying attention to my signature:p

I'm looking forward to some live reporting! :D

Will be testing out the wifi on the ship as well as the iPad and KindleFire for reporting purposes. DJ's DH will have his new laptop with him since he is flying from his business trip in Sweden to SJU, where he will meet me:eek: He doesn't do live reporting but I suspect he will let me use his laptop if I have issues with the iPad or Kindle Fire.

DJ's DH and I have been having a rough couple of weeks. Imagine the sheer joy of finding this in the mailbox this afternoon:

417193_2253845485631_1833146547_1521645_941826125_n.jpg

And then when I ripped it open I found this:

421227_2253850365753_1833146547_1521646_1667902598_n.jpg

And finally ...

395403_2253854125847_1833146547_1521648_1112307632_n.jpg

Sorry the photo is so blurry (ctbjr has already pointed this out to me) but I was so excited I could barely contain my excitement!!

Yes is is so exciting to get the DOCUMENTS! I did the edocs once but it just wasn't the same! I'm getting mine packed up since we leave for SDII on Friday. Can hardly wait!

We did the e-doc once as well but I agree it wasn't the same. Have a WONDERFUL time aboard SD2. Please tell everyone I said hello!

And there is no longer any type of credit for doing e-docs anymore - so we will go back to the doc package next time . . . love the pics - please keep them coming DJ.

FT

Didn't realize there is no longer any credit for e-docs. Wonder if we get anything like the spa coupon or wine discount for being repeaters like we have in the past.

Three weeks from today I will be heading to San Juan!!:D Trust me, it can't come fast enough!!

We got 15% off coupons for the spa and wine list when we were aboard in November.:)

Excellent news! Now if we could just convince the powers that be at SD to include free internet service to those of us who are addicted to the yachts:p

Excitement for our sailing continues to build as we received our copy of "The SeaDreamer" in today's mail.

How wonderful to see so many familiar faces! The only person, on the cover, other than the new captain, with whom we haven't sailed is Captain Smorawski ... but we will have that honor in a few weeks!

I LOVE Capt s and so will you! He is a delight. We'll take care of SD 2 and you take care of SD 1!

Vandrefalk

Looking forward to sailing with Capt. S. I know we will be in capable hands for sure!

Will make sure to take care of SD1 for you:D

This will be our sixth cruise with SeaDream Yacht Club. DJ’s DH and I have sailed twice on SeaDream 1 and three times on SeaDream 2.

We have sailed multiple times on Royal Caribbean and Holland America. We have sailed once on Disney, Princess and Seabourn.

One of us is 50 and another one of us will be 50 later this year (and would like to celebrate her 50th birthday in May on SD in the Med ... HINT, HINT!!).

Friends of ours who are joining us on the this sailing (or as ctbjr would argue we are joining them) include ctbjr and Mrs. ctbjr as well as TOYBAR and Mrs. TOYBAR.

The current plan is for DJ's DH to meet me in SJU on Feb. 16 as he makes his way from Sweden to Germany to Philadelphia to SJU. I will be taking a more direct route through CLT.

Using HiltonHonor's points we are staying near the airport the first night at the Hampton Inn and Suites since we both arrive late in the day. We are using SPG points to stay at the Sheraton Old San Juan the night before boarding SD1.

Now let's hope the gods cooperate with our planning!

This will be our sixth cruise with SeaDream Yacht Club. DJ’s DH and I have sailed twice on SeaDream 1 and three times on SeaDream 2.

We have sailed multiple times on Royal Caribbean and Holland America. We have sailed once on Disney, Princess and Seabourn.

One of us is 50 and another one of us will be 50 later this year (and would like to celebrate her 50th birthday in May on SD in the Med ... HINT, HINT!!).

Friends of ours who are joining us on the this sailing (or as ctbjr would argue we are joining them) include ctbjr and Mrs. ctbjr as well as TOYBAR and Mrs. TOYBAR.

The current plan is for DJ's DH to meet me in SJU on Feb. 16 as he makes his way from Sweden to Germany to Philadelphia to SJU. I will be taking a more direct route through CLT.

Using HiltonHonor's points we are staying near the airport the first night at the Hampton Inn and Suites since we both arrive late in the day. We are using SPG points to stay at the Sheraton Old San Juan the night before boarding SD1.

Now let's hope the gods cooperate with our planning!

She should wait until July to have that celebration and do two weeks with some other nice people.

Just realized, as I am cooking dinner for one, that two weeks from this evening my bags will be backed and loaded in the car for my trip to SJU ... as long as I find a new pair of sunglasses to replace the ones I lost on St. John in June and some clothing I left in Florida in Jamuary makes it back to NC and I squeeze in a Chico's run (who am I kidding ... that is a no-brainer).

Now of course who knows when or where DJ's DH will meet me in SJU as he still hasn't been able to confirm if he is going from the wedding we are attending in Texas next weekend to Europe or coming back to NC with me.:eek:

Tried leaving items on the packing table (aka the laundry folding table aka the pool table) in the bonus/family room but the housekeeper then moves them to places where I will never find them ... maybe that's why I have a habit of leaving things in places where I stay:rolleyes: At least the suitcases never made it back into the attic after our January trip despite repeated notes and hints to DJ's DH!!

Since we didn't do our full out Griswold Family Christmas since we spent part of November, most of December and a week in January in PA and FL I have been able to locate and secure one of the most important items for a SD trip ... a power strip!! DJ's DH is going to be on his own this trip as I have enough items to fill up that strip! I hope I remember to bring that power strip home from SD or else we will have to spend Thanksgiving on SD looking for the power strip ... maybe I am on to something:eek::cool:

Spent most of November at Dsny came home for a couple of weeks then on to SDII moved on to Hawai'i (new dis resort) all warm weather trips so as soon as we get home it's wash and repack for the next adventure.Our housekeepers know to stay out of the vicinity unless they are wearing approved hard hats! It's a lot less stressing to know there's no need for frantic underwear searches!

Two weeks from today we will be chomping at the bit at the Sheraton Old San Juan as we wait to board SD1.

This will be our first time staying at this hotel although we did dine al fresco there in March '09 when FT organized a lunch for SD1 and SD2 passengers.

Two weeks from today, my husband and I will be taking our first trip to Hilton Head. Hoping for good weather for your cruise and my long weekend! :D

Thanks knot! I subscribe to the USVI marine reports and there have been lots of small craft advisories lately with 6 to 7 foot seas. I'm not worried though as we have ridden some large seas and swells on SD and both yachts handle it beautifully. As long as the sun is out I am happy!! Our itinerary has us spending a lot of time in the USVI-BVI!

Enjoy Hilton Head!!

Since the first photo of the open document folder was so blurry here is a better shot. I blurred out our names so that's why there is that weird oval of color!:p

Docs.jpg

Here is a closer look at the luggage tags and the "Welcome Aboard" info.

Image201224113936.jpg

Archived