Getting a Pack and Go room changed

brd1121

Has anyone had luck with getting their assigned Pack and Go GUARANTEE room assignment changed? Mine is smack dab next to the elevator on deck 6 and I am worried about noise. I sail on Monday the 21st so I was planning on calling on Thursday (36 hours before sailing) to see what can be done, and if anyone has had luck doing this then I'll keep asking to speak to someone else until I get it done! Thanks in advance

Has anyone had luck with getting their assigned Pack and Go GUARANTEE room assignment changed? Mine is smack dab next to the elevator on deck 6 and I am worried about noise. I sail on Monday the 21st so I was planning on calling on Thursday (36 hours before sailing) to see what can be done, and if anyone has had luck doing this then I'll keep asking to speak to someone else until I get it done! Thanks in advance

To me, that's the risk of the Pack and Go, or guaranteed room. They're always cheaper, but they seem to mostly be the least desirable rooms, since everyone else is paying more to pick a room themselves. I always pick my own room, it's worth the exta 20 to 30 bucks.

To me, that's the risk of the Pack and Go, or guaranteed room. They're always cheaper, but they seem to mostly be the least desirable rooms, since everyone else is paying more to pick a room themselves. I always pick my own room, it's worth the exta 20 to 30 bucks.

Amen. Unfortunately you aren't really entitled to complain about your room assignment. That is exactly why they offer it so cheap. You have to be prepared to have a room next to an elevator, engine, very front, very back etc.

Sometimes I've heard of changes being made, but honestly if they assigned you that room, it's likely the best thing they had available. I'd call and ask politely, but if they say no, I'd drop it and take this as a Pack & Go lesson learned.

Hope you enjoy it either way! At least you'll be near the elevator and can get around easily!

Thanks! Hopefully it won't be too bad, above and below the room are other rooms so that's good, and not on a low deck, so that's good too. For the $150 each price difference, I'll bring along a noise machine for sleeping, just in case.

I booked balcony guarantee and did not like my cabin placement. My only option was to pay for an upgrade to a higher category. There was a cancellation so I was able to go from a balcony on 8 forward to an extended aft on 6 for $200 total for the week. To me it was worth the $200 to finally get an extended aft and not have the original cabin.

I cruised on the Freedom the past April in guarantee balcony and given cabin under 24 hr. Pizza and tried to change cabin and was told no. This cabin was very close if not next to the elevator hallway and stairs. Nice location up one flight of steps to Lido and 3 flights down to dining room. We very little noise from the elevator (maybe it was because we had aft cabin). So I think it just depends on what section of the ship your cabin will be. I wouldn't worry too much you will enjoy your cruise.

I'd leave it alone. We always book next to the elevators.

Never hear any more noise than I would down the hall.

Bill

Same with us. We book ES 8-12 months out and are very picky with our room. Would rather pay a little more and get exactly what we want.

This is the chance you take when you book a GTY cabin--there's a reason they offer them for a lower rate. When you book in a particular category, you have to be willing to take the lowest form of that cabin (1As and obs. view balconies) or one in the worst locations. The only way to get out of it is going to be to "upgrade" and you'll probably end up with a GTY again.

I have sailed next to or across from the elevator vestibule/hallway on Carnival and Royal, and never heard any noises from them during the day or night. As with any room, the most is noise is those who talk loud while walking down the hallways.

I have booked GS before. Once I got a great cabin and last time I got a cabin that backed up to an extreme work area. I think it was part of the galley and the noise went on all night. I stayed in that cabin the first two nights. I went to guest services and just inquired as to what was behind me that was so loud all night. I never expected that they offered to let me move. They told me to pack up and they would send two people up to help me to my new cabin.

As far as staying by the elevator. I had cabin that backed up to the elevator and never heard any noise.

Edited by utopiagal

it won't be too bad, above and below the room are other rooms so that's good,

On the Freedom deck 5 below you is the Promenade deck. No cabins there.

Edited by AdGuyMG

Thanks! Hopefully it won't be too bad, above and below the room are other rooms so that's good, and not on a low deck, so that's good too. For the $150 each price difference, I'll bring along a noise machine for sleeping, just in case.

My difference was more than that. Thanks for the idea of the noise machine...if I end up with a cabin that I think I need it I will heed that suggestion.

I don't think your cabin should be a problem. We always book a balcony as close to the elevator as we can on a deck that is between two decks of cabins. It's usually not noisy and it is always convenient.

Enjoy!

I'd leave it alone. We always book next to the elevators.

Never hear any more noise than I would down the hall.

Bill

This, exactly!!! I always try to book close to an elevator.....because they are in a lobby that is separated from rooms by the lobby. I never hear noise from the elevator itself, but I do hear the loud voices of those who walk past my cabin without them realizing it is 3:00 am!

You can hear hallway noise in any cabin. A fan or noise machine is a great idea regardless of one's cabin location just to block out that hallway noise. I'd be happy to have a cabin next to the elevator because it is very convenient. If you are worried though, just call and see what upgrades might be available. And if you get a difficult representative, hang up and call back.

Have a great cruise!

On the Freedom deck 5 below you is the Promenade deck. No cabins there.

That's right, I mixed up my freedom and allure cruises (which I hand select my room for!). We are just above the outside of the entrance to the piano bar, which I'll be set until close!

Thanks for picking up on that.