New to cruising

Leannellie

Welcome! Cruising can be fun. Read this site and take things with a grain of salt. Most people with good things to say don't write them. We've had lot's of fun cruising. Been some bad experience but we chalk it up to "That's Life" and go on.Read CC and look at what others say about overpacking and things to avoid. :cool:

Oh, what a super cruise to start with. Friends have just returned from the Northern Cape, but of course they had daylight most of the time, whilst you'll have more darkness.

If there's anything you need to ask, just write a post. I presume you'll be with Fred O or P&O or C&M at that time of year? Or Hurtigruten?

Big coat time! :D

Enjoy planning.:cool:

• 1 month later...

You do realise that you are about to enter the world of addiction, because once you've done your first cruise you will be looking to book another and another :D

Excellent choice for the first cruise although it might be a little cold :eek:

Please don't hesitate to ask questions and don't worry if you think they sound stupid; they won't be.

Enjoy the preparations :)

Hi everyone. We've just booked our first cruise. We're off on a Northern Lights and cape trip in February 17. So excited.:)

Hi Babbs !!! :) and a big WELCOME

I'll simply say,

There are NO dumb OR stupid questions. I was a uniform Deputy Sheriff for ten years and a 30 year veteran once told me, "If you think you know EVERYTHING about this job OR life , watch OUT !!! You're about to find out how little you really do know'. This also pertains to cruising, don't ever let anybody here or a friend tell you different. We ALL have to learn. Through experiences. I agree with the post here that said, "Cruising can be very habit forming'. Boy !! Is that the truth !! Once again. a most gracious welcome.

Mac