Manchester Airport

HELEN HENRY

Sorry, should have stated P&O charter flights to Barbados not sure if it is T.Cook or Thomson airlines.

You'll need to find out which airline. As posted above, Thomas Cook & Thomson depart from different terminals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

hi helen, you havent said when you are going. we are on the britannia this november and we have looked on our personaliser and it tells us thomson,the flight number and terminal 2. i`d assume if you are going soon then you should also have this info. curious to know why you want to check your bags in day before?

Could someone please inform as to which terminal in Manchester Airport that the flights leave for Barbados. Not sure if it is Terminal 1 or Terminal 2 and is it possible to check bags in on the night before.

Thanks

Will definitely NOT allow you to check your luggage in the night before - have tried for years and always get told NO because it is a Cruise and a Charter Flight, Helen - such a bummer!!!

We are Thomson again this year and fly from Terminal 2:)

Hi Pat

Are we going to see you in the Caribbean in 2017 at all.

Hello my friend hello, Yes we are in the Caribbean November 2017 booked on Azura Glasgow flight only 15 days no B2B, but no doubt will be in Caribbean in Feb or March 2017 only if we get Glasgow Flights :D Had been booked for Britannia 2016 but had to cancell till Nov 2017,going to miss my B2B in October as we have done the B2Bs for the last four years. What about you and your wife anything booked up for Caribbean,last time we spoke you were visiting Aruba with your family hope you had a lovely time.

May I thank,joe grumble,bazzyb,sammybonny and yamianid who responded to my original question,fortunately my family managed to get the Glasgow Flight to Barbados in November so all is well that ends well. Thanks everyone.

Pat

Hi Pat

Are we going to see you in the Caribbean in 2017 at all

sorry wrong roll call. hick hick

That Irn Bru is so strong

Glasgowborn, I see you have surfaced again :D how are the submarines doing ? Thought that you might have been suffering from the bends :eek:by posting on wrong thread :) Never mind we all suffer from one condition or another. See you in the Caribbean :D Remember the Irn Bru

Slightly off thread, but may be useful for people to know:

my sister flew from Manchester to Rome last weekend. They bought a litre of vodka in duty free to take with them, which was marked at £11, but when they got to the check-out they were told it was £22. When they asked why, they were told "Because we're not in the EU any more!" Err, yes we are, for approx. the next 2 years!! So beware if you are planning to buy any duty free on your way out.

They were then told that if they were from Turkey they would only pay £11. Err, Turkey is not in the EU!!

Absolutely shameful money-grabbing by whichever organisation is in charge of duty free at the airport, and quite possibly illegal.

BTW, when they went through passport control/Customs, they asked which channel they should go through and were told "EU of course!".

my sister flew from Manchester to Rome last weekend. They bought a litre of vodka in duty free to take with them, which was marked at £11, but when they got to the check-out they were told it was £22. When they asked why, they were told "Because we're not in the EU any more!" Err, yes we are, for approx. the next 2 years!! So beware if you are planning to buy any duty free on your way out.

They were then told that if they were from Turkey they would only pay £11. Err, Turkey is not in the EU!!

Absolutely shameful money-grabbing by whichever organisation is in charge of duty free at the airport, and quite possibly illegal.

BTW, when they went through passport control/Customs, they asked which channel they should go through and were told "EU of course!".

You are only allowed to buy goods at duty free prices at the airport if your destination airport is outside the EU , this isnt something new and has been so for many years. We are allowed to buy at duty free prices when flying to thd Canary Islands because they are not in thd EU.

I suppose once we leave the EU officially we will then be allowed to buy duty free when travelling to the continent.

Hello my friend hello, Yes we are in the Caribbean November 2017 booked on Azura Glasgow flight only 15 days no B2B, but no doubt will be in Caribbean in Feb or March 2017 only if we get Glasgow Flights :D Had been booked for Britannia 2016 but had to cancell till Nov 2017,going to miss my B2B in October as we have done the B2Bs for the last four years. What about you and your wife anything booked up for Caribbean,last time we spoke you were visiting Aruba with your family hope you had a lovely time.

May I thank,joe grumble,bazzyb,sammybonny and yamianid who responded to my original question,fortunately my family managed to get the Glasgow Flight to Barbados in November so all is well that ends well. Thanks everyone.

Pat

Hi Pat

Yes we are booked on Azura for the 21/01/17 from Glasgow and 03/03/18 for Britannia again from Glasgow we are also in the process of booking an Eastbound T/A on Queen Mary 2 for October 2017.

We were in Cuba in May and had an excellent holiday so are going back there in May 2017.

Very sorry to hear that Scot has been ill all the best to both of you and hope you resume your cruising as soon as possible .

Jim&Sandra.

You are only allowed to buy goods at duty free prices at the airport if your destination airport is outside the EU , this isnt something new and has been so for many years. We are allowed to buy at duty free prices when flying to thd Canary Islands because they are not in thd EU.

I suppose once we leave the EU officially we will then be allowed to buy duty free when travelling to the continent.

I beg to differ sammybonny. The Canary Islands are in the EU because they are a province of Spain. We bought duty free flying to Germany two years ago, and before flying to Malta too.

I beg to differ sammybonny. The Canary Islands are in the EU because they are a province of Spain. We bought duty free flying to Germany two years ago, and before flying to Malta too.

The Canary Islands are within the EU but are not part of the EU for customs purposes.

https://www.gov.uk/duty-free-goods/arrivals-from-eu-countries

If you are flying to Germany, this is within the EU and therefore anything you purchased will have been duty paid.

Brian

Obviously some confusion as others have said. As someone who has regularly travelled to EU countries and Turkey it is only when going to Turkey that I have been able to buy duty free one litre bottles of alcohol for £11. As others have said this would apply to the Canary and Channel Islands plus Gibraltar as they have special tax arrangements. At Manchester the duty paid alcohol that you can buy for EU countries is more expensive than the local supermarket as I experienced 3 weeks ago when I went to Greece.