P&O Loyalty Club

cruisebore

What are the benefits, few if any in my experience. A lunch with the ships officer, usually very junior, a discount on on board purchases which in many cases could be cheaper at home, and then only after your OBC and any Shareholder or ex Service person's credit has been used up, slippers with a cardboard sole. A party when the most traveled client received a bottle of bubbly. Is there anything I have missed?

Just better than a slap in the belly with a wet fish. I like the discount on our drinks. We don't buy anything from the shops. In my opinion, the stuff is cheap and nasty. Don't do photographs and don't do excursions. On the other hand, there is usually a 5% discount on the cruise if you book early and a bit more if it's a Peninsular cruise.

I suppose that we long standing clients are not that important to P&O. They would much prefer the newbies whose on board spend appears to far exceed ours.

Out of interest what do Tesco/sainsburys/asda/waitrose/morrisons do for you as you have been long standing clients of one of the at a guess.

Just better than a slap in the belly with a wet fish. I like the discount on our drinks. We don't buy anything from the shops. In my opinion, the stuff is cheap and nasty. Don't do photographs and don't do excursions. On the other hand, there is usually a 5% discount on the cruise if you book early and a bit more if it's a Peninsular cruise.

Me too, Jean

Out of interest what do Tesco/sainsburys/asda/waitrose/morrisons do for you as you have been long standing clients of one of the at a guess.

Well in our case we benefit more from store rewards in a year than we do by being Baltic Peninsular members cruising for a month a year.

What are the benefits, few if any in my experience. A lunch with the ships officer, usually very junior, a discount on on board purchases which in many cases could be cheaper at home, and then only after your OBC and any Shareholder or ex Service person's credit has been used up, slippers with a cardboard sole. A party when the most traveled client received a bottle of bubbly. Is there anything I have missed?

Frankly I'm more than happy with the excellent lunch and the 10% discount - even after I've spent my OBC, shareholder benefit and Veteran's extras.

Oh, and the embarkation arrangements with the chance to pre-book speciality restaurants.

Have I missed anything?

Well in our case we benefit more from store rewards in a year than we do by being Baltic Peninsular members cruising for a month a year.

Or I could say I benefit more in hard cash from my American Express rewards credit card, especially when a number of cruise lines take it when making a direct booking.

As my mate Tesco would say, every little helps.

Frankly I'm more than happy with the excellent lunch and the 10% discount - even after I've spent my OBC, shareholder benefit and Veteran's extras.

Oh, and the embarkation arrangements with the chance to pre-book speciality restaurants.

Have I missed anything?

We miss the free internet, laundry and mini bar and invite to the captains party we received on Princess :-)

Have I missed anything?

A half bottle of champagne, a glass at sail away, priority booking from the new brochure.

All in all better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

If the loyalty scheme is designed to make you pick P&O over and above another cruise line then they have got it badly wrong. If it is designed as a small thank you for continued custom then they have it right.

A half bottle of champagne, a glass at sail away, priority booking from the new brochure.

If the loyalty scheme is designed to make you pick P&O over and above another cruise line then they have got it badly wrong. If it is designed as a small thank you for continued custom then they have it right.

Recent incidents reinforced my view that P&O barely pay lip service to the loyalty scheme.

Which will doubtless bring more moans and groans!

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

-A Scandal in Bohemia

;)

Well yes. Those that love and appreciate P&O and prefer to cruise with them over other lines do appreciate these little gestures.

As they say at Tesco..."Every little helps'

Loyalty perks would not make me book one line over another. We are Med with P&O and Silver with Fred. We choose the cruise we want at the time we want, the ports etc. Loyalty discount is just a little extra. It makes no difference at all.

Pando cruisers moaning about something. Surely not. I can't believe they would moan..would they...

Do you mean apart from the first post on this thread, I quite agree it would never happen.

The Peninsular Club is being reviewed in Summer 2016 or possibly earlier. They are looking at various things one contentious thing is the more you pay for your cruise the more loyalty to the club you get. So if you cruise once a year in a suite costing £10,000 they will be classified as more loyal than somebody that books say 5 cruises in an inside cabin during the same period but costing less than £10000 they will be classified as less loyal towards Club benefits. This idea is not a done deal but something being looked at and they say a questionnaire with differing ideas will be sent out to past cruisers for feedback in the new year.