My List of Ships with Single Occupancy Cabins

SmithAlien

For those of us who want to sail solo on a cruise, here is my list of cruise ships that offer single-occupancy cabins (designed and priced for one), current to the best of my knowledge:

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE (NCL has specially designed Studio cabins--inside cabins for solos--in an access-controlled area with Studio Lounge.):

*Escape (82 Studios)

*Breakaway (59 Studios)

*Getaway (59 Studios)

*Pride of America (4 Studios)

I highly recommend NCL for solo travellers, based on my recent cruise experience on Escape, where my mom and I had adjoining Studio cabins, and all the amenities they have for solos aboard ship.

HOLLAND AMERICA LINE:

*Prisendam (3 singles)

*Koningsdam (12 oceanview singles)

ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL:

*Quantum of the Seas (28 inside and balcony studios)

*Ovation of the Seas (28 inside and balcony studios)

*Anthem of the Seas (28 inside and balcony studios)

*Harmony of the Seas (15 inside and balcony studios)

COSTA CRUISES:

*Costa Favolosa (17 inside and outside singles)

*Costa Fascinosa (17 inside and outside singles)

CUNARD LINE:

*Queen Elizabeth (8 oceanview singles, 1 inside single)

*Queen Victoria (9 singles)

*Queen Mary 2 (15 oceanview singles, after recent refit)

P&O CRUISES:

*Azura (18 inside and outside singles)

*Britannia (27 inside and balcony singles)

*Ventura (18 inside singles)

*Oriana (2 inside singles)

*Arcadia (6 inside and balcony singles)

*Aurora (4 outside singles)

FRED. OLSEN CRUISE LINE (all ships in fleet have singles):

*Balmoral (64 inside, oceanview, and balcony singles)

*Boudicca (43 inside, oceanview, and balcony singles)

*Braemar (40 inside, oceanview, and balcony singles)

*Black Watch (43 inside and oceanview singles)

CRUISE & MARITIME VOYAGES (CMV):

*Magellan (150 superior interior and oceanview twin cabins set aside for singles with a 25% supplement on superior category 3 and 9 twin prices. Plus, there are dedicated interior and oceanview singles, but number of these is unknown.)

*Marco Polo (15 inside and oceanview singles)

*Astor (8 inside and oceanview singles)

*Astoria (10 inside and oceanview singles)

*Columbus (Multiple categories of inside and oceanview singles, number unknown)

Again, this list is current to the best of my knowledge of what lines and ships have single-occupancy cabins, but if you know of any more, let me know.

Edited by SmithAlien

Nice list !!!!!

Royal Caribbean corrections and additions

On Harmony of the seas it's just insides and ocean views studios, no studio balconies.

Also on Radiance, Serenade and Brilliance they each have 4 studio insides

Jewel of the Seas has three inside studios: 4583, 4585 and 4587.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Pride of America does have a Studio Lounge of sorts, but it's only accessed from the Studios. I found it almost by accident as I opened a "mystery door" from my room. So combine its hidden location with the fact that it resembles a waiting room for a doctor's office, and that probably explains why I never saw anyone in there. What a waste of space! Here are a couple of photos:.

IMG_4792.jpg

IMG_4789.jpg

Thanks for the photos - that does look grim!

The Pride of America does have a Studio Lounge of sorts, but it's only accessed from the Studios. I found it almost by accident as I opened a "mystery door" from my room. So combine its hidden location with the fact that it resembles a waiting room for a doctor's office, and that probably explains why I never saw anyone in there. What a waste of space! Here are a couple of photos:.

IMG_4792.jpg

IMG_4789.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I forgot to add one NCL ship:

NCL Epic has 120 Studios.

Also, Pride of America has no dedicated Studio Lounge, but like her NCL fleetmates with Studios, POA still has activities and stuff for solo travellers.

Many thanks for your research SmithAlien.....my print of this info will go straight into my Future Cruises Information folder. Well done.

:)

For those who like to virtually tour cabins

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE:

Escape Studio -

Getaway Studio -

Epic Studio -

Breakaway Studio -

ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL:

Quantum/Anthem Seas Super Studio Balcony (with XX48 stateroom extra large hump balcony) -

Quantum/Anthem of the Seas Studio Interior Stateroom with Virtual Balcony -

Harmony of the Seas Studio Oceanview -

Nice list !!!!!

Royal Caribbean corrections and additions

On Harmony of the seas it's just insides and ocean views studios, no studio balconies.

Also on Radiance, Serenade and Brilliance they each have 4 studio insides

"Jewel of the Seas has three inside studios: 4583, 4585 and 4587."

It looks to me as if each of the Radiance class ships have 3 Solo insides.

Excellent list, just keep in mind if traveling on NCL, they often have regular rooms for solos that has no single supplement fee and cheaper then studio. So if are booking a studio, make sure to price other rooms as well. Sometimes an ocean view or higher can actually cost less then studio.

Last November on Breakaway I booked a guarantee balcony for $599, the studio was $899. It actually happens quiet often, especially if its last minute cruses.

This list is very useful! I'm always having trouble keeping track of who has solos, or which ships. The websites aren't always helpful.

I noticed that while P&O has solo cabins, there's almost no chance of your getting one? I looked on their site for cruises in 2018, and they were sold out. There aren't many, and they're cheap (I think they do it at a single rate rather than at a "less than double" rate?), and I guess people book them way in advance, maybe even while on previous cruises. So their solos seem more theoretical than anything else.

Also, it always helps to do the math and see if the solo is really cheaper. Sometimes, it's not, or the inside at the double rate is only $100 or $200 more, and it may be worth it if it's bigger and has more amenities.

You can add The Ocean Endeavour from Quark Expeditions. They specialize in polar cruising. While it is not cheap, it is the cheapest way you can see Antarctica! Deep discounts (50% off) are sometimes available for last minute cruises, and they have early booking specials for 3000 off a solo (inside) Cabin. They also have a share programs for twin and triple cabins for the brave of heart!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by guinnesshalfpint

I booked an ME covered minisuite on Crown Princess, as a solo, for less than the price of a solo balcony! Even my TA was shocked. Maybe a fluke, but I'm happy. :D

Go-Bucks, do you happen to live in Ohio? I live in Columbus and would like to talk offline about your experiences with Travel Agencies. I generally book directly with the cruise lines and plan to book future solo trips, but wondering if that is the best approach. My email is guinnesshalfpint at gmail.

- Susan

Go-Bucks, do you happen to live in Ohio? I live in Columbus and would like to talk offline about your experiences with Travel Agencies. I generally book directly with the cruise lines and plan to book future solo trips, but wondering if that is the best approach. My email is guinnesshalfpint at gmail.

- Susan

I use the search engine Cruiseplum.com. You can sort by price per day, which is what I use.

Sent from my iPad using Forums