Pa Cruisers

RMS Olympic

Just got back from the Mexican Riviera on the Mercury..Great time. Planning next cruise for the fall!!!

Jeff

Hey, Jeff! Welcome back! Glad to hear you enjoyed Mercury...she's a wonderful ship! Millennium was very nice, but we actually enjoyed the overall feel of Mercury just a tad more. That said, both are VERY good ships. I'd sail on either again.

Hey Guys-

Two in Harrisburg here. Started cruising March 2004 on Grand Princess Western Carib out of FLL (before it was moved to Galveston). This year did 10 day Eastern Carib on Sun Princess. Next booked on RSVP Panama March 06-HAL's Westerdam

Perhaps this summer we all could meet for dinner somehwere, meet and exchange sea stories, likes and dislikes of cruise lines and discuss future desires for ships or itineraries.

Philly, New Hope or somepalce equidistant from all.

Perhaps this could even be extended out to adjoining states ie newJersey, Delaware and New York...a wekend outing so to speak....call it a "All North East Cruisers on deck" meeting.

I'm from the suburbs of "Philly"....my partner and I will be taking a 12 day cruise(in Sept '05) exploring France,Spain,Croatia and places in Italy (Venice,Livourno,Sicily and Rome). Hope ALL you Pa cruisers have a safe and "perfect" time....wherever you may be cruising to!!!!!!

Hey Gary,

It was really nice. Had a great time. How was the Millie???

Millennium was very nice, but we ended up liking Mercury a tad more...just has more of a upscale feel to it, in my opinion. They are BOTH very nice ships, though, and it was a close call at the end. I'd have no problem sailing on either of them again.

I was hoping to have a review written by now, but work has been so busy since I returned that it really isn't possible. Hopefully, I will be able to get something written before the end of this month.

Mind if 2 ex-Philly residents check in?

Formerly of Center City, South Philly and Delaware County we moved to my home of Denver in 2001.

Leave on Majesty of the Seas on 23May (4th time), just need a quickie get away. For myself, 17th cruise, for my partner of 23 years, his 15th. Thought he'd never set foot on another cruise after his first one---got caught in Hurricane Edward for 2 days going from NY to Bermuda. As soon as we docked in NY his first words were "when's the next one?" and we've been cruising away for years.:)

How about including some Western Maryland guys in it? We aren't that far!

Hagerstown, MD here - we leave on Wed for Princess Cruise Tour 6S, boarding the Dawn Princess May 23. My 66th cruise, my partner's 4th (I sort of got him hooked)!

Hi guys...we live in Norwood, which is a suburb of Philly, close to the Airport.

On June 4th we are taking "Caribbean Princess" to the western caribbean.

This is my first cruise, my partners 2nd cruise. I can't wait....

Yeah, if everyone is going to get together to meet sometime, we are game. We are 40/42yo.

Anyone else going to be on the Caribbean Princess June 4th.?

thanks, Larry

Lancaster (no, I'm not Amish) reporting in.

Just cancelled a 2 week Celebrity Hawaii (sailed Celebrity for 2 weeks in Jan - perhaps I will sail again, when I'm old enough, in about 20 years) and booked MSC Lirica for back-to-back east-Med and Transatlantic for Nov05 for 29 days + 7 days in Rome pre-cruise. (my cruise prospects for 2006 are slim and 0 (and, slim left town)).

Oct 15, 2005- Radiance of the Seas sailing out of San Diego

Dec 5, 2005- Radisson Voyager sailing out of Ft Lauderdale

Feb 17,2006- Insignia sailing out of Buenos Aires to Rio

Oct 22, 2006 Diamond Princess sailing out of Los Angeles

If there is any money left, maybe an inexspensive cruise summer of 2006.

LOL Oh my god Tom! You make me VERY jealous LOL.

I am missing my third cruise this year and will have to substitute with a less expensive vacation that is a tad shorter because of a lack of vacation time and the good green stuff. Ian and I just purchased a home in February, did a good amount of renovations, have more to do, bought a nice plasma TV, etc.

No room for extra spending currently...but I am VERY much looking forward to my first Oceania cruise on Regatta for a transatlantic out of Lisbon to Portugal. I see that you also booked with the line for next winter.

Enjoy all those cruises!

Well I grew up in Philly if that counts.

I loved the place but the weather and career beckoned me to southern California. I don't have family left in Philly but I do try and get back occasionally.

Watching the most recent season of The Real World (which took place at 2nd & Arch) really makes me want to come back for a visit. A friend of mine that works on that show kept referring to the location of the house as "Arch and 2nd". I kept reminding him that in Philly, no one would say "Arch and 2nd", they would say 2nd & Arch. I don't know why that is but it sounded so foreign to hear someone say it "backwards". :)

Oct 15, 2005- Radiance of the Seas sailing out of San Diego

Dec 5, 2005- Radisson Voyager sailing out of Ft Lauderdale

Feb 17,2006- Insignia sailing out of Buenos Aires to Rio

Oct 22, 2006 Diamond Princess sailing out of Los Angeles

If there is any money left, maybe an inexspensive cruise summer of 2006.

Hey, Grew up in Gettysburg here.

Really envious of all of your wonderful cruises, especially Rio(Viva Brasil!)

We bought a house this year too and remain somewhat cash poor, but

going on our 1st RSVP cruise to Alaska in September.

Have fun!

Dan

Hi All,

Great idea to have a PA roll call. We just got off Explorer OTS doing the Eastern Caribbean leg. It was just a regular cruise with us, another gay couple and about 8 of my relatives from NC. Quite a mix, but we had a blast! :D

I'm already dreaming about an Atlantis Med cruise for summer 2006. Anyone been on one of those?

Roger & Les

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, two Philadelphia boys checking in. Jeff (27) and Jim (24), celebrating 5 years together with a cruise on RCCL's Voyager out of Bayonne, NJ on 6/17.

I've cruised 6 times (5 with Jim):

Galaxy '02

Golden Princess '03

Conquest '03

Grandeur of the Seas '04

Navigator of the Seas '04

Carribean Princess '05

It would be fun to get together and meet our fellow PA "cruisers". (or, uh.. perhaps i'll call us Cruise fans)

Jeff

Archived