MDR - Table Seating

Hi All,

We have been on 5 cruises and have never been seated at a table next to a window in the main dining room.

On our last cruise, we went to the Maitre'D as soon as we embarked to ask for a table next to the window. First I was told, "Oh, we can't move you but let me check where you are sitting." We were next to the Captain's table and were then told, "You don't want to move from there you will have the very best service, you are next to the Captain's table etc." So we were not moved.

Now I really want to sit at the window. I love watching the water going by and the sunsets.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

I appreciate any advice.

Sure...the Maitre D should have moved you if that's what you wanted. (We've been next to the Captains table and it does NOT insure great service!!!)

You can call RCI or e-mail (someone has the address!) and make the request now. Again...when you board, go to the dining room and make sure!

Two times I had a table by a window, once it was wonderful as it was a rectangle table right against the window and there was an overhang outside so we never had the sun in our eyes. The second time the sun came in so strong and we had to ask the waiter to close the blinds:(

Email RCLDining@rccl.com about a month ahead - I did this and got a response from:

Marlene Prieto

Administrator, Restaurant Operations

Specialty Dining Administration

Food & Beverage Operations

Royal Caribbean International

Tel:305-539-6000 ext. 38614

Fax:305-539-4205

RCLDining@rccl.com

I did that and I recieved an answer, just as you did.

Does that mean our request will be granted?

You should not have to tip to get a window table. There are lots of 2's by the windows in MTD. Those could easily be put together for a 4 and there are some 4 tables there also. If you want to ensure this for every night, make a reservation on your first day, being sure that you are assigned to a 4 table by a window.

Email RCLDining@rccl.com about a month ahead - I did this and got a response from:

Marlene Prieto

RCLDining@rccl.com

And I got no response......tried twice. I give up. Good luck to everybody else, though. You never know when you'll hit paydirt.

Marlene Prieto

RCLDining@rccl.com

Thank you for all the responses. I will try e-mailing the above address.

Marlene Prieto

RCLDining@rccl.com

I sent an email to that address regarding my seating.

I did get a response about 4hrs later.

Good afternoon,

Please advised your request is noted and forward to ship. Thank you.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

Varinia Mena

Fax: (305)-539-4205

RCLDining@rccl.com

Yes its easy folding money, works all the time, but we are on MTD four of us, are there tables for 4 near the window

With MTD it works even better because people generally don't have the same table as with traditional dining. When we tipped him, he was grateful, and we had the same corner table by a window all week and didn't have to ask again. Of course we tipped him again at the end of the cruise. :)

I got a prompt message back this week when I asked for a table for 8. He even sent me a drawing of where it would be in the dining room. If you have a special request try the email as said 2-3 weeks prior to your cruise. Easier to give you what you'd like prior to sailing then move someone else later.

Love these boards! Thanks to 138East - read this thread yesterday, e- mailed Marlene Prieto asking for a table for 2, received response within 10 minutes (Wow!):). Received a note: "Your request has been confirmed." Awesome! Note: tried this prior to last years MOS sailing, but was told they could not comply due to limited number of 2 tops (smaller ship than FOS, I guess). Still worked out-- went straight to MDR once on board and got our 2 top ;)

We will be with our in laws so 4 in all, could we still ask for a table for 4 near the window when we are on MTD ?

When we were on FOS last year we requested and received a table for two. We were one table from the windows and the table next to the window was a row of tables for four.

Love these boards! Thanks to 138East - read this thread yesterday, e- mailed Marlene Prieto asking for a table for 2, received response within 10 minutes (Wow!):). Received a note: "Your request has been confirmed." Awesome! Note: tried this prior to last years MOS sailing, but was told they could not comply due to limited number of 2 tops (smaller ship than FOS, I guess). Still worked out-- went straight to MDR once on board and got our 2 top ;)

It looks like everyone gets the same.... "Your request has been confirmed."

I haven't heard from anyone who actually had their, "request confirmed" and got the table they requested.

I'm sailing in less than 3 weeks, emailed my seating request (To have a table for 5) last night, got a response this afternoon saying "Please advised your request is noted and forward to ship. Thank you."

so I guess they could not confirm my request for a cruise in less than a month from now?

Can I just put it out there that because it gets dark so early having a window isn't all that special in January! We had the early seating and couldn't see anything by the end of dinner...Just a thought!

Maybe that doesn't matter? Some people believe the window tables are the "best" and want them, view or no view.;)

Archived