Favorite foods on NCL Jewel?

Doodah

• 2 weeks later...
What were your favorite foods in any of the restaurants on board the NCL Jewel? Pictures?

Our favorite specialty restaurant was Moderno, and it was a toss up between the grilled pineapple...so palate cleansing, or the perfectly seasoned and succulent lamb chops...

Modernopineappleonaskewer_zpsa513b789.jpg

ModernoNCLwonderfulsucculentlamb_zps3109fd8d.jpg

Of course, the perfectly cooked to order lamb chops in Cagney's were equally luscious, and we enjoyed the shrimp cocktail, crab cakes, petite filet and Porterhouse there as well as the espresso brownie with caramel sauce and macadamia nut ice cream (lunch) and their version of apple crisp to top off an already toothsome meal.

NCLCagneyslambchopsmediumrare_zps22031fa9.gif

In the Asian fusion restaurant, the pork rib app was a treat, though my most favorite thing? The banana pancakes with caramel sauce and coconut ice cream, tied with Blue Lagoon brownie supreme for tastiest indulgence:

NCLAsianfusionbestdessertbananapancakescaramelsaucecoconuticecream_zps6093b1a4.jpg

NCLBlueLagoonBrownieSupremeafavoritedessert-2_zps42bacb8b.jpg

DH liked the alway available NY strip steak in the MDR while I enjoyed the...lamb (!) shanks, shrimp and salmon sandwich for lunch and favorite app, pork spring roll with sweet chili dipping sauce.

NCLMDRyummyfoodsoono_zps8a6ffcbc.jpg

Oh my my my!! It all looks so good! This is our first NCL cruise and one of the specialty restaurants we wanted to try is the Moderno. The pictures are awesome, especially the chocolate cake/ice cream with cherry on the top. I know I am going to love this cruise and the food!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Oh my my my!! It all looks so good! This is our first NCL cruise and one of the specialty restaurants we wanted to try is the Moderno. The pictures are awesome, especially the chocolate cake/ice cream with cherry on the top. I know I am going to love this cruise and the food!!!

Only too happy to have been of service...and enabling :D

• 2 weeks later...

Those pictures just convinced me to forego eating for the time remaining until my cruise lol. My BF and I went to a Brazilian steakhouse in Niagara Falls, ON last summer and I swear I must have eaten more pineapple than meat! Now we're definitely going to have to hit up Moderno!

Glad to enable, I meant, to be of help ;)

The pineapple was a great palate cleanser between the different types of meats, try the chicken, munch pineapple, try the sausages, munch pineapple, try the steaks, more pineapple, and now for some yummy lamb, ahhh still room for a bit more pineapple etc :D

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the menu is full or limited? Are there copies out there?

Very limited, unless you are in a Suite. Cold breakfast items, such as cereal, yogurt, pastries, toast, jelly, coffee, tea, milk. 3 egg omelet served anytime. A couple salads, chicken soup, and cheeseburger, all beef hotdog, tuna melt, BLT and turkey hoagie andwiches. The kids' menu also has mac and cheese, chicken fingers, PB&J sandwich. For dessert either cheesecake, strawberry shortcake or chocolate cake.

Pizza is an extra charge, $5, delivered all over the ship, not just your cabin.

Archived