Formal/Optional Nights ??

Lovesatq

I remember reading several months that cruises over 16 nights have two formal/optional nights. Is that still true? We're booked on the 18 night Panama Canal next month and will pack formal wear if that is still the policy but of course don't want to bother if the policy has changed.

I remember reading several months that cruises over 16 nights have two formal/optional nights. Is that still true? We're booked on the 18 night Panama Canal next month and will pack formal wear if that is still the policy but of course don't want to bother if the policy has changed.

Yes it is true and yes, I and many others wore tuxedos or dinner jackets.

Marc

Unlike the previous poster, when we had two formal nights last December, a very small percentage of men wore tuxedos (not even 5% of the men). About 25% wore suits, 25% wore sports jackets and the rest dressed Elegant Casual. One of the many reasons that passengers choose Regent is that they do not have to dress Formal but certainly can if they wish to:)

We were on that cruise with Marc, and those guys looked amazing, and there were many not even with our group who did dress up, but agree with Jackie as well, its optional and those who choose to follow the normal dress code will be fine and appropriately dressed.

Have a wonderful trip.

We also enjoy putting our formal finery on at least once during our Regent cruises--we were in the small majority who were formal wear on the Mumbai to Bali cruise TC mentioned above and our cruise friends also wore formal wear these night(s).

As much as I hate to admit it, we were on Cunard last year for a Christmas/New Year's cruise and they had 5 out of 15 formal nights. I actually enjoyed getting out in a tux and mingling...

But it does make packing much more of an issue, and frankly, I can do without it. I guess I'm a bit of a sheep that way - if the situation calls for it, I'll dress for the occasion...but if not, I'm fine in slacks and a polo. :D

Archived