Queen Mary 2 questions

champagne lover

We have just booked to go on QM2 next February, New York to the Caribbean and are so looking forward to it. First I have a few questions and wonder if anyone can answer them.

We have booked a cabin on Starboard side - do we have a view of the Statue of Liberty when sailing out of NY?

We have booked a Queen's Grill suite. I noticed that the in room bar is stocked with spirits, wine etc. Is this only on embarkation, or is it replenished during the cruise?

Where is the Queen's Grill private sun deck? I have searched the deck plans for it and can't find it.

Do you pay an entrance fee to the Canyon Ranch spa or is it open to anyone?

Has anyone had the butler unpack for them? Is this a good idea or better to do it yourself?

Any other comments on the Queen's Grill suites (Q6 grade) would be heplful.

We have booked a cabin on Starboard side - do we have a view of the Statue of Liberty when sailing out of NY?

Yes.

Where is the Queen's Grill private sun deck? I have searched the deck plans for it and can't find it.

Deck 11 aft. It's not marked on the deck plan. It's open to all Grill passengers (both Queens and Princess).

Do you pay an entrance fee to the Canyon Ranch spa or is it open to anyone?

The gym portion of the facility is open. For the spa you have to pay.

Sorry I can't answer any of your other questions but I'm sure others can!

When the ship is docked at Red Hook, the Statue of Liberty will be off the starboard side. With a zoom lens or binoculars you will get a good view of the Statue while docked and of course an even better view as you sail past on departure.

QM2 Canyon Ranch information is available from http://www.canyonranch.com/spaclubs/qm2-spa-club.aspx

In 2004 in a Q5 we were offered two free bottles of whatever wine or spirits we desired; don't know about refills because we chose wine and wound up taking it home unopened.

Looks like there are only three Q6s, aft on Deck 8. So you will have the shortest walk to the Queens Grill. Unfortunately, you will have the longest walk to the Commodore Club and the Library, but go often anyway.

Paul

Archived