LAX to Port

Nāmaka

i also always use the Super Shutte or one of the other shuttle services there. Yes cost is only $17, you may be looking at the return costs.

I never book ahead of time unless we are larger group. We usually just wait for whoever comes first as they come by often and if a ship is in port it won't take long to fill a van.

Enjoy

Vickie

Why would the OP miss the ship??

I don't know, about fifty different reasons including LA traffic and the fact that Super Shuttle is nowhere near as reliable as some of you seem to think. What I would do is take the Princess shuttle for the peace of mind, but that's just me.

I just booked this transfer was billed 34 dollars through Princess, 68 r/t for me. Considering what I'm paying for my room and what my airfare costs, it's a drop in the bucket and not knowing Supershuttle in LA, I just as soon go with Princess. Supershuttle in NYC can be awful. I never use them.

One thing to keep in mind, Princess will probably get you off the ship faster if you are using their services. This may or may not be a good thing depending on your flight time and if you have access to Platinum or Elite areas reserved for departing guests.

Use one of the shuttle services...Yes, the price is lower...

But the other big part is efficiency...

Princess will wait to fill a bus with 40 people...

Supershuttle or the other shuttle companies will LIKELY fill each van quickly as it only takes about six passengers for them to go...

If there is a ship leaving that day from San Pedro, they likely have plenty of passengers wanting the same trip...So you're likely not to have additional stops or a long wait...

If price were NOT a concern, the best way would be to hire your own car service...but, with only one of you, that would be pricey...

As long as your flight arrives plenty of time before sailaway time, missing the ship should not be a concern at all...

Super Shuttle would be the most efficient way to go. If you arrive after commuter traffic the freeways are pretty wide open. There are numerous ways to get to the port if there is a traffic issue. I for one never take the freeway to get to the airport, your shuttle driver will know the quickest way.

The concerns about getting to the ship are not valid. The vans and buses all use the same freeways !!

The advantage of the smaller vehicles is that they can use surface streets and take shortcuts that some of the buses can't use.

Super shuttle van drivers know the areas very well, and communicate with each other regarding traffic problems and faster routes.

I dismiss the idea that if it costs more, it is better !!!!

Edited by swedish weave

I have used the Princess transfers to the port a number of times, and the Princess transfer buses do not always wait for a full bus before heading for the port.

The Princess "greeters" that are stationed in the baggage claim area have lists of the transfer passengers who are arriving and their flight arrival times. If there is more than a short wait between arrivals, they will often tell the driver to go ahead to the port.

A couple of times I have been the only one on the bus when it departed the airport.

I don't know, about fifty different reasons including LA traffic and the fact that Super Shuttle is nowhere near as reliable as some of you seem to think. What I would do is take the Princess shuttle for the peace of mind, but that's just me.

The concerns about getting to the ship are not valid. The vans and buses all use the same freeways !!

The advantage of the smaller vehicles is that they can use surface streets and take shortcuts that some of the buses can't use.

Super shuttle van drivers know the areas very well, and communicate with each other regarding traffic problems and faster routes.

I dismiss the idea that if it costs more, it is better !!!!

There ya go.

Use the shuttles all the time, never had an issue getiing to the pier/airport or taking excessive amounts of time.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I drive that route daily for work. At 10am on a Wed there should be minimal routine traffic on the freeway (you will take the 105 to the 405 to the 110 freeways) . If there are two or more of you I would probably take a taxi. It shouldn't cost too much more and you are not waiting for others to fill up a van or bus. If you are adventurous try Uber.

I will be traveling alone going from LAX to the pier in San Pedro. What would be the best way for me to get there on a Wednesday morning around 10am? Princess Transfer $35 or Supershuttle $32? Any other suggestions? :confused:

thanks

Did you want to be at the ship by 10 am? Or are you arriving at LAX at 10 am. Either way it sounds like you will be arriving early. Either option is just fine. We prefer Super Shuttle or Prime Time. With the shuttle services they might make up to 2 to 3 stops prior to letting you off. We have had Prime Time send a private van with no stops but them it will cost way more then the regular shuttle. There are numerous ways of getting to San Pedro without using the freeway so you will not miss the cruise. What ever you choose relax and have a great time.

And hopefully you won't have a flight delay. I would be too stressed out about flying in the day of a cruise.

Personally I'll go with a taxi, the Princess shuttle (they'll go straight to the port once they leave the airport area), or go with a land transportation company that will give you a private vehicle (I won't ever use PT again after a major screwup on both ends of a booking...there's many companies that might charge a little extra but give you better, more reliable service).

And hopefully you won't have a flight delay. I would be too stressed out about flying in the day of a cruise.

Personally I'll go with a taxi' date=' the Princess shuttle (they'll go straight to the port once they leave the airport area), or go with a land transportation company that will give you a private vehicle (I won't ever use PT again after a major screwup on both ends of a booking...there's many companies that might charge a little extra but give you better, more reliable service).[/quote']

Well said. Taxi would be a good option (although it might cost more than a shuttle.) I never mind paying a little extra for peace of mind, myself, so that's why I would choose the Princess transfer. If price is the only consideration, then by all means, take a shuttle. However, I, too, have had major problems with shuttles, and I now avoid them when possible. I live in Southern California, and I have had many opportunities to see them in action. This does not mean, however, that I would insist anyone do as I would do. By all means, decide what is best for you and do that. (Expressing an opinion on these boards seems to set some people off, apparently since their own experiences are the only ones that count.)

Thanks everyone for your replies. I did double check the price on Super Shuttle and it was $32 per person one way to the port. I wound up booking Prime Time Shuttle for $16 pp.

My flight arrives at 9:20am, got a confirmation they will be there at 9:50am. I don't need a lecture on flying the same day as the cruise. This will be my 33rd cruise and have never even had a close call. All my flights are non-stop so there is no worrying about connecting flights.

It might be great for those of you who are retired or have unlimited vacation days and money. An extra day here or there costs me in not only vacation days, but extra days of elder care and pet sitting, and when you have 5 pets that can add up quick.

To each his own. ;)