help with room info on the dawn!!

finfan13

hello all, going on my first cruise in 51 days!!! im taking my wife and children ages 6 and 9. we have an interior stateroom on deck 8 i believe its 8651 not sure but it is on deck 8. has anyone stayed on this level before and can give me an insight to the amount of rocking and motion that we may feel. obviosly the seas will determine that but wanted to know if that is a good level. also any ideas on how to upgrade?? my agent tells me the ship is sold out and nothing is available. when should i call back? thanks patrick

I have never actually stayed on Deck 8, but some fellow CC who were on the Dawn the same week I was stayed on Deck 8. The loved it (Had an obstructed balcony), the motion was not a problem (and the husband did get seasick-we even had 18-22 ft waves one night), and the view is AWESOME! Deck 8 even has the best restaurant (IMO) Salsa's with great music during the evening!

We got an upgrade when we went in DEC it was about 3.5 weeks prior. I have read on the boards the best time is no sooner then 4 weeks prior, I would definitely contact NCL direct (the will ultimately have to upgrade through your TA) and ask them about 3-4 weeks out.

I was in cabin #8128, right around the corner from your cabin this past Nov. I really liked this location. Your right near the stairs and elevators and only 1 deck above the promenade. You can just run down the stairs and there you are in the Blue lagoon and get a snack 24hrs a day! I felt no motion at all and we had some 12-18 ft. waves then. You will all be just fine with this cabin. About upgrades, dont rely on your TA to keep checking, you can call the reaccomodations dept. yourself at 1-800-625-4309, 2-3 weeks before sailing. Hope this helped. Happy sailing!

Finfan:

I just checked your cabin location and it is near the rear of the ship. Not trying to unnerve you (!) but if it gets rocky you may feel it more back there. I've never been on Dawn but have cruised before, and very carefully select where my cabin is. In terms of location, I agree, deck 8 is a great deck to be on because you are centrally located (if you have not seen deck plans, go to www.travelocity.com and check in the cruise section for deck plans for Dawn). I would suggest this: have your travel agent keep checking to see if an inside cabin on deck 8 more centered opens up for some reason and move there if possible. I have 8595 booked--dead center. Also, the middeck cabins on Deck 8 (and only deck 8) have a slightly different configuration because of their placement and although they are the same 147 sq. ft., I understand because of the way it is laid out the space is more useable (look at the deck plans, they're sideways). Might be slightly better with 4 in the cabin.

Enjoy your cruise and check in when you return--let us know how it was!

Robin

I was on the Dawn in June 03 and had two cabins booked for my family

8661 and 8161 both inside aft on deck 8. There was a little bit of motion on a day with 12 foot swells, but it was not a problem for us. Brought bonine just in case but never had to use it.

This past June DH and I splurged for a balcony GTY and ended up on deck 9 aft

three cabins from the very aft of the ship portside in the same section of the ship. I don't remember the cabin number, but again, we were not bothered by motion even though the ship was rocking an rolling one night.

You will have a fine time on the Dawn. I don't think that there is a truly horrible cabin on this beautiful ship at all.

Archived