Please Help :) Dolphin Encounter Question

Sunnymom02

We are going on our cruise next week. I would like to do the Dolphin Encounter with Tabanya Beach day excursion through Carnival. My question is, can my husband come with me to the Dolphin encounter and just watch (not pay for the excursion, but maybe buy an observer ticket) and then get transported with me to the beach? If so, how much is the observer ticket? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mary

I would suggest that you call Carnival's shore excursion office. If you have booked Dolphin Encounter/Tabyana Beach, you are most likely going to Dolphinaris, not Dolphin Discovery. We were orignally booked for that tour for our upcoming cruise (NCL) until we cancelled it and booked directly with dolphin discovery.

Here's the link for both websites. Maybe they will tell you if observers are allowed. Then you can talk to the ship to make travel arrangements for your husband.

www.dolphindiscovery.com

http://www.dolphinaris.com

I would suggest that you call Carnival's shore excursion office. If you have booked Dolphin Encounter/Tabyana Beach, you are most likely going to Dolphinaris, not Dolphin Discovery. We were orignally booked for that tour for our upcoming cruise (NCL) until we cancelled it and booked directly with dolphin discovery.

Here's the link for both websites. Maybe they will tell you if observers are allowed. Then you can talk to the ship to make travel arrangements for your husband.

www.dolphindiscovery.com

http://www.dolphinaris.com

If they go to either dolphindiscover OR dolphinaris, they will have a VERY hard time hooking up with everyone at Tabiyana Beach - since those places are on Cozumel/Cancun and Tabiyana is on Roatan.

As to the original question, I'd imagine it would be no problem - but I'd suggest you check with Carnival's shore excursion folks. The dolphin encounter will be done at Anthonys Key Resort. Afterwards, you're transported over to Tabiyana (not sure if they are currently taking you by car or by boat). AKR is a scuba diving resort that has the dolphin facilities built in as part of the resort. It's nice, built to fit into the natural look of the island.

Thanks for the replies. I did call Carnivals shore excursion hotline and the guy said that he did not know if they offered that on the Carnival Legend. He made it sound like it was totally up to the ship to decide if they would allow an observer ticket. He said that they do that for a parent that does not want to do a dolphin encounter, but the child is. My husband does not want to do it but would like to watch, so hopefully they will allow it. He said you will not know until you board the ship.

Anyone out there that has been on the Carnival Legend recently remember if they offered an observer ticket for the dolphin program? Thanks.

Mary

Thanks for the replies. I did call Carnivals shore excursion hotline and the guy said that he did not know if they offered that on the Carnival Legend. He made it sound like it was totally up to the ship to decide if they would allow an observer ticket. He said that they do that for a parent that does not want to do a dolphin encounter, but the child is. My husband does not want to do it but would like to watch, so hopefully they will allow it. He said you will not know until you board the ship.

Anyone out there that has been on the Carnival Legend recently remember if they offered an observer ticket for the dolphin program? Thanks.

Mary

I kinda suspect it will depend primarily on whether there is sufficient room to transport him. If you want a general look at the facility where the dolphin thing is done, you can see the place at the resort's website - just google anthonys key resort.

I'm not sure which dolphin thing you are doing - scuba, snorkel, swim, etc - I believe they offer several different things along those lines. Other than the scuba, the rest are done right at the resort facility. There is plenty of room to walk/stand/sit/watch what is going on, so one extra person standing on a walkway would not likely be a problem. I know I watched a few folks swimming with them when I wsa staying at the resort.

Archived