Booking La Reserve Online

cruisingxpert

Has anyone tried to book La Reserve online, recently?

I have booked online in the past but this time I went to my account, clicked on Dining and then La Reserve. It says what La Reserve is but nothing pops up about making a booking.

Have things changed or is it my computer? I tried on my desktop and my Ipad and get the same problem.

I have booked online in the past but this time I went to my account, clicked on Dining and then La Reserve. It says what La Reserve is but nothing pops up about making a booking.

Have things changed or is it my computer? I tried on my desktop and my Ipad and get the same problem.

I have booked it recently for our next cruise.

However I have had numerous problems with the website and often log off and come back later and it seems ok.

Contact Mike Moore from Oceania and he will help.

Edited by wally_bushy

How far in advance have you booked your cruise?

As you may recall, La Reserve is not open on every evening of every cruise, and Oceania may still be working out staffing and supply issues which will effect the menus, and on which nights they will be served.

Once the type of menu (i.e Discovery, Odyssey or Connoisseur) is posted or "announced" as being offered on a particular date, Oceania accepts Reservations from any passenger who is willing to pay the applicable fee, as early as they are willing to pay it, but not until then.

Jim and Stan

The cruise is on March 3rd and paid in full. Earlier( last month) I was able to view the nights.

March 4 ...Discovery menu

March 7....Odyssey menu

March 10..Connoisseur menu

Now when you go to Dining and click La Reserve, it says it is on Deck 12 and describes what La Reserve is but there is no link to book.

In the past I have been able to book but there was a glitch. If you booked 2 of them it showed the same date for both - a website glitch.

Jim and Stan

The cruise is on March 3rd and paid in full. Earlier( last month) I was able to view the nights.

March 4 ...Discovery menu

March 7....Odyssey menu

March 10..Connoisseur menu

Now when you go to Dining and click La Reserve, it says it is on Deck 12 and describes what La Reserve is but there is no link to book.

In the past I have been able to book but there was a glitch. If you booked 2 of them it showed the same date for both - a website glitch.

I'm wondering if they sold out those original nights out completely. :confused:

La Reserve is a smallish space, compared to the total number of passengers, so sellouts often happen.

If that is the case, why not Lobby on your Roll-Call for others who are interested, and petition Oceania to schedule an additional night?

I've been on two cruises where that worked :D

I'm wondering if they sold out those original nights out completely. :confused:

La Reserve is a smallish space, compared to the total number of passengers, so sellouts often happen.

If that is the case, why not Lobby on your Roll-Call for others who are interested, and petition Oceania to schedule an additional night?

I've been on two cruises where that worked :D

I would be very surprised if all the La Reserve nights were sold out. They are still lots of cabins available and only Owners is a wait list. Most of the Vistas are available which is highly unusual for the high end suites to still be open this close to departure.

I will call O to check on it - I hadn't thought about that possibility.

I booked La Reserve on Nov. 18, 2015 for our sailing of May 14, 2016, for 1 of the 3 nights offered.

About 10 days ago I wanted to see if the other 2 of 3 dates La Reserve was being offered were still open and like you, I could not get the calendar to come up. I also tried the Privee knowing that a number of our Roll Call members have made reservations for at least 3 nights- I could not get a calendar to come up.

So I tried my next 2 bookings and same thing- got the explanation of what the La Reserve and Privee were, but could not go beyond that point. Was going to send Mike Moore a message since he has helped out others with this problem in the past- but maybe he'll read this.....

Tried again this morning- same results.

Edited by arima22

I booked La Reserve on Nov. 18, 2015 for our sailing of May 14, 2016, for 1 of the 3 nights offered.

About 10 days ago I wanted to see if the other 2 of 3 dates La Reserve was being offered were still open and like you, I could not get the calendar to come up. I also tried the Privee knowing that a number of our Roll Call members have made reservations for at least 3 nights- I could not get a calendar to come up.

So I tried my next 2 bookings and same thing- got the explanation of what the La Reserve and Privee were, but could not go beyond that point. Was going to send Mike Moore a message since he has helped out others with this problem in the past- but maybe he'll read this.....

Tried again this morning- same results.

I'm glad to hear it's not just me. I have same problem with Privee too. I will email Mike too.

Thanks

Good morning all. We are taking a look - apologies for the inconvenience...

For our holiday cruise, we were able to book all 3 La Reserve nights far in advance.

However, when we looked at our confirmation, it showed (on screen or printed on paper) as two overlapping pages (not a problem, of course, but odd).

However, it showed one reservation on the first night, *two* reservations on one night, and no reservation on one night.

We had the correct confirmation of dates printed from when we made the reservations, but could not get our online-records to match.

Our TA called O and confirmed that our reservations were as they should be, and that we should just "ignore" what we saw online.

Something is (was?) definitely wrong with the display, even though we were originally able to make the reservations correctly.

(Once on board, we cancelled one, due to a conflict with dinner plans with friends from the Meet & Greet.)

BTW, the food was wonderful; the wines, not so much...

I always have my TA call O and book direct as soon as reservations open up. On some cruises La Reserve can sell out very quickly. On our last cruise, O had 5 scheduled and ended up adding 5 more, with all of them completely sold out. Other cruises, it can be slow.

Privee is getting very popular. It can book up very fast. I remember when one could wait until they get aboard and book a night, certainly not any longer. Even though it can handle ten (10), it's very comfortable with 8. Therefore, with eight (8) other passengers, it makes for an splendid additional specialty restaurant evening at a reasonable price! We use Roll Call and get a wine dinner group together. Everyone brings a great bottle of wine each to share with the group! Twenty six ounces per bottle divided by eight people = about 3 oz each for each guest. O has assigned us a sommelier before (even though we didn't need it) and we'll share a taste with them also! :D

I gave up waiting and called to book La Reserve. I also bought some OBC for myself,

There is something everyone should know about booking La Reserve or any gift you buy yourself. Oceania used to but now they WILL NOT send you confirmation of what you just bought. They say they can only send it to your TA who probably thinks they are being cc'd and not the sole person receiving this.

Again, O is not consistent. Last year I booked La Reserve online, the same as I had done on a previous cruise. On the previous cruise, I got a confirmation right after I booked. Last year, I also booked online and when I followed up to ask where my confirmation was, I got the answer I just mentioned in first paragraph. I eventually called and complained to O Club Ambassador and they sent it to me.

Yesterday, I called to book La Reserve and buy some OBC.. The agent said she would send me the confirmation. Great. She sent the La Reserve confirmation but not the OBC confirmation. I called back and got the "we only confirm to your TA" I called my TA who said she had received the confirmation of the La Reserve but had to search to see where they had confirmed the OBC. She found it on Internal Form that is never sent to passengers, She had to copy and paste the portion about the OBC confirmation. She said she gets confirmation of anything I do online or call about but she was unaware of O new policy of refusing to confirm anything to the individual passenger.

Bottom line, if you book any extras online or by phone and don't get a confirmation, you'll know why.

If you are reading this Mike, I wish you could do something about it.

I would not say you do not get confirmation of anything you book on line on your "manage account" pages. I got my La Reserve confirmation immediately last Nov. And all of my Oceania excursion bookings come immediately. Never did an OBC purchase- maybe that is different because you cannot do that on line.

I would not say you do not get confirmation of anything you book on line on your "manage account" pages. I got my La Reserve confirmation immediately last Nov. And all of my Oceania excursion bookings come immediately. Never did an OBC purchase- maybe that is different because you cannot do that on line.

As I mentioned in my post, they are not consistent. I haven't done any online shore excursions in Manage My Bookings so I can't comment on that.

Here is my email from last January

Thank you. Can you copy me on the reservations for La Reserve? I have always had it sent to me before and maybe it was copied to my TA I don't know if she will notice or think to send it to me.

cleardot.gif

profile_mask2.png

ResSupervisors <ResSupervisors@oceaniacruises.com>

1/7/15cleardot.gif

to me

cleardot.gif

I am sorry ; I cannot; I can only email the invoice to the travel agent.

Kind Regards,

Gustavo “Gus” Alfonso

Call Center Supervisor

Oceania Cruises

8300 NW 33rd Street | Suite 100 | Miami, FL 33122

Office +1 305 514 2300 Ext. 2126 | Toll Free +1 800 531 5658 Ext. 2126 | Fax +1 305 514 2222

GAlfonso@OceaniaCruises.com

Edited by cruisingxpert

There are a great many details of the cruise which must be handled by the Travel Agent, once an Agent has been introduced into the Cruise Line/Passenger relationship.

However, if you're simply looking for a record of the reservation, wouldn't a screen shot suffice?

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows

There are a great many details of the cruise which must be handled by the Travel Agent, once an Agent has been introduced into the Cruise Line/Passenger relationship.

However, if you're simply looking for a record of the reservation, wouldn't a screen shot suffice?

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows

Good idea if I could have booked online but La Reserve and Privee online booking link isn't working and there is nothing about buying OBC for yourself or anyone else or any other gift like Bon Voyage . There is a link to Culinary classes and none to Beverage Packages. Only choice you have is to call them.

I could call my TA but why make more work for my TA when I could easily do it myself online if O had a working website.