Suggestions would be appreciated!!

Pandabear90

Going on Adventure of the Seas 7 day southern Itinerary

Posting this to many ports I'm visiting. Hoping for many ideas.

My head is spinning trying to figure out what to do at our ports. We've been on a couple of cruises (Oasis/Liberty, with western/eastern itineraries), so all new ones this time except St. Maarten. Could I get some suggestions based on what we want to do at some ports?

Our likes include

-visiting the must see of each island with the best scenery for pictures

-beach

-horseback riding

-catamaran/snorkeling

-zip lining

-touring

etc...

Any you would suggest?

Some places have must do's and don't want to miss that either. Open to ideas, but would like suggestions on the must do's for each island!

Barbados-

St Kitts- sir timothy hill for pics?

St Johns, Antigua-

St Lucia- pitons?

St Maarten- Been to once, went horseback riding and maho beach.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

-Nick

Nick, for Barbados I would highly recommend Calabaza for catamaran and snorkeling with the turtles and over a sunken boat (they call it a ship but it's not that big). Check out their website sailcalabaza dot com.

Antigua, we loved Stingray City if you have never been to Grand Cayman. We booked a tour with Gordon's tours and went to Devil's Bridge, Long Bay Beach and Stingray City. We also enjoyed Segway Antigua and they are flexible with their return if you want to stay at their beach for the afternoon before returning to port.

For the must see's on St Kitts, I would recommend a tour with Thenford Gray and for St Maarten it would be Bernard's Tours.

St Lucia has fantastic snorkeling and several reputable tour guides. Pitons are seen on just about every tour.

Edited by NemoCrownie

• 2 weeks later...

I have been to some of these a few times and plan on visiting again next January.

Barbados-----The last time we went we did a snorkeling excursion on the Stilleto catamaran. It was a 5 hour but they offer a 3 hour for $20 less. It was really nice and lots of fish to be seen. Next year we will be going on the Jolly Roger because we no long have minors in our party. I did this a looooooooooooooong time ago on Spring Break and it was a hoot.

St Kitts-----I like to go to South Friars Bay. We just take a cab. Here you can rent chairs and shade and there is a bar/grill called the Shipwreck and monkeys to watch. Its very relaxing. There are a few vendors but they are not at all aggressive.

St Johns----I have never been here

St Lucia-----The first time we did a catamaran tour to the pitons with a bit of snorkeling. It was nice but I didn’t think it was as good as the snorkeling at Barbados

The next time we were so tired from the day before in Barbados that we hired a cab to take us on a tour of the island. That was fun. We shopped a bit and stopped at the rum factory for all you can drink rum for $5. So if you do this, bring some mixers.

Right now I am trying to decide if I want to hike the pitons next year. I have heard good and bad reviews of this.

St Maarten----This coming trip we are going to hire Jo Junie Tours for a tour of the island. Last time we just hired a cab to Orient Beach to tan the girls. It was fun. The time before that we went to a little beach between two condos high rises. That was boring.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but we are also looking for suggestions for certain ports.

We are on the Carnival Liberty in March. Our ports are St Thomas, Barbados, Tobago, Grenada, Aruba, and Grand Cayman. We have a tour booked on Aruba. Our little quirk is that I cannot do beaches. I have had several bouts of skin cancer and try and stay our of the sun as much as possible. What might any choices be for any or all of our stops. We are seniors but pretty mobile.

Cheers

Len

Don't want to hijack this thread, but we are also looking for suggestions for certain ports.

We are on the Carnival Liberty in March. Our ports are St Thomas, Barbados, Tobago, Grenada, Aruba, and Grand Cayman. We have a tour booked on Aruba. Our little quirk is that I cannot do beaches. I have had several bouts of skin cancer and try and stay our of the sun as much as possible. What might any choices be for any or all of our stops. We are seniors but pretty mobile.

Cheers

Len

Barbados:

A unique visit, particularly if one is interested in the history of aviation: The Concorde Experience.

The very Concorde that made the initial Barbados to London flight with Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in Seat 1A is on display and available for visiting. A video show, displayed on the exterior of the plane, starts your visit, then one enters the plane through the tail Baggage Room door, and you enter the passenger compartment of the plane. After being seated, a video is shown concerning the guest experience on the Concorde. One then walks forward and you can view the cockpit prior to deplaning. Plenty of time is then allowed for viewing other exhibits located within the building that houses this British Airways Concorde.

Our guide, an employee of the Museum, was very well informed and was able to answer any questions that those of us asked, including a couple that were more technical than I would have expected.

It was a delightful and informative afternoon. Plus, in order to get to the airport area where the plane is housed, I got to see some additional parts of Barbados that I have never seen before.

I'm not sure if I'm on the right island for this or not. I thought when I was in Barbados before, I went to a factory (tour) to see lacing done or something like that. Does anyone know anything about this? Or if the island is different where it is? Thanks.

In Barbados I definitely suggest sailing with Calabaza. It's a great day of snorkeling, swimming, sailing with food and drinks. We've been to Barbados 4 times and spent all four with Calabaza. Gina and her crew are the best around and they are the best excursion out of all 10 of our cruises.

St Kitts book with Royston tours, he has a number of different ones available and we've done them. Last time we hired him as our driver for the day and he took us out to the beach and stayed all day with us then brought us back to the pier.

St Lucia we've used Spencer Ambrose both time for a speed boat to the Pytons with a beach day and had a lot of fun.

For a good beach experience- we like Carlisle Bay where there are several places to get day passes.

For non-beach- we enjoyed a tour of part of the island which included Bathsheba, Andromeda Gardens, St. John church, and Franconia Plantation.

There are many similar tours to other sites. Much to see in Barbados.