Debating on X or RC

NOSaints1

RCI Explorer did a 7 night to Bermuda from Bayonne, NJ It was great. Explorer now does Asia, etc. I would not spend so much for a 5 day when other lines go to Bermuda for 7 days!! RC also has a 9 night, which has 1 day docked at the Royal Dockyard for several hours. Bermuda is beautiful. Been there on cruises 5x. May even consider going away on another line for 7 nights...However, not summer. Learned that lesson 2 summers ago with the Dawn. It was last week of August into early Sept., Who knew there would be 700 kids on board and not very well behaved!!! Horrible. They took over the pool and hot tubs. Pool had to be closed for almost 2 days to be "sanitized"...The dining room was so loud you could not hear yourself think! Even the waiters were frustrated and didn't care how they served. Just wanted everyone gone.

People, please. no diapers in pools or hot tubs! young or old alike. ruins it for everyone.

safe travels.

Sorry ~ Royal no longer does 7 nights to Bermuda, just 5 NCL does 7 nights and I think X also. (NYC)

My DW and I are in our mid 30s only have been on Carnival, we don't smoke or have any kids and not into rock climbing, zip lining. Has anyone been on both give us some insight between the two my DW is leaning towards RC and I'm leaning towards Celebrity.

Between the two, I imagine X has better food

RC probably leans in Entertainment

Ship layout?

Cabin size?

Customer service

Is Celebrity more for adults and RC is more for family's?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm going to throw in one more variable for you to consider, then read your replies. We like to cruise the Caribbean right around our Anniversary (May 2nd) X seem to pull their ships out of the Caribbean about this time, or even earlier than previous years.

My DW says X might be to fancy for us

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Fancy how?

I'll be taking my first cruise with X next month. I've been agonizing about whether or not I need to pack differently given that Celebrity is the Modern Luxury line. All you need to do is google some images of the ship you're interested in, or better yet, find some youtube videos. There are people in the buffet wearing shorts and tee shirts, as well as bathing suit cover-ups. I definitely noticed less children.

The Hubbard Glacier is the definitely one of the most memorable events I've ever witnessed! Does the Solstice do something similar?

We've been on both ships and they are both terrific in their own ways. Solstice is larger and has great food and shows. Radiance is more intimate, and has a great personality. I wouldn't hesitate going again on either and I'd likely base it on the itinerary. Solstice, for example, is too large to go to Hubbard Glacier (I think).

Congrats on upcoming honeymoon!

Tom