Switching sail and sign cards

mikem1977

We are booked on the Sunshine for december 14th with two rooms right across from each other (1 oceanview for adults and 1 interior for kids).

When we booked the rooms our PVP said that for legal purposes she had to put one adult in each room.

My question is though when we get to the terminal can we get my wifes sail and sign card (she was booked with 2 of the kids in the interior) and our middle son (he was booked in the room with me on the oceanview) to be switched so the all of the kids cards work for the interior and my wifes works for our oceanview?

We are booked on the Sunshine for december 14th with two rooms right across from each other (1 oceanview for adults and 1 interior for kids).

When we booked the rooms our PVP said that for legal purposes she had to put one adult in each room.

My question is though when we get to the terminal can we get my wifes sail and sign card (she was booked with 2 of the kids in the interior) and our middle son (he was booked in the room with me on the oceanview) to be switched so the all of the kids cards work for the interior and my wifes works for our oceanview?

If they're directly across the hall from you, why did the PVP require you to book an adult in each stateroom? This, generally, is allowed. If they're at an extremely young age, it is understandable, but at that age, wouldn't you prefer to book a single stateroom?

Back to your question... you can visit the Guest Services desk onboard and ask for one of these two options. You can request a VIN key to each room, which acts only as a key. You can also ask for them to swap the registered guests in each stateroom. If you wish to only purchase the Cheers beverage package for only one of the adults, the VIN key option will work out in your favor.

Edited by Disconnections

We have never had a problem with this - we always go straight to Guest Services once on board, and have them switch me and my son's rooms. They move me to one and him to the other and viola - it's done. No worries!

Glad to hear it is an easy fix at guest services. Our kids are 12, 11 and 10 and she said an 18 year old has to be booked in each room.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Carnival considers anyone under 21 to be a minor, including those that are 18 years of age. An 18 year old is allowed to be booked in their own stateroom anywhere on the ship, as long as their parents or a guardian are onboard. For the ages you mentioned, they can be booked in their own stateroom within three doors of the parent or the room directly across the hall.

We just booked for a March cruise. My sons are 13 and 9 and the Pcc put the boys in the interior room with no problems. Good to know that I can get a key to their room and they can get one to our room. In addition to the S&S cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I really love Carnival's policy of allowing your children to stay in a separate room within 3 cabins of the parents' cabin. It is such a hassle getting duplicate cards because then one person in each room has to keep track of their sign and sail card AND the room access card.

On our Epic cruise our son had to be booked in our balcony room so he had access to our room. He would just barge in :eek:. I told he better knock and wait til we opened unless he wanted to see something that would scar him for life....:cool:

That works perfect that we can get access to their room too, but I really dont want them to have access to ours, might be scarring. :eek::p

Just put the deadbolt on or hang the snoozing sign out when you don't want them to come in. It made me feel better knowing they could get in my room in case they needed something or if there was an emergency.