Breeze

Cruisin' Again 86

Was on it in March of this year, and could not find any bad or ugly. Loved the ship and thought it was the best of all the Carnival ships we have been on so far (see signature). Going back on the Breeze in 51 more days.

Edited by HawkIVette

Having been on 14 different Carnival ships, the Breeze was our favorite. This was also enhanced because of three factors. 1) Cheers program. 2) Ron Pass in the piano bar. 3) Assistant Cruise Director 6'3.....Amy. That blue dress she had on for the first formal night still puts a smile on my face. :)

I've been on 14 cruises, and the Breeze falls somewhere in the middle of my favorite ships. Despite what is said on cruisecritic, the Breeze is not all good. The shows in the theater are absolutely TERRIBLE!!! The people who say the ship is all good must never go to any shows, or they are in the extreme minority of people who prefer these shows. Nothing wrong with either of those possibilities, but if you enjoy the stage shows on cruises, the chances are very high that you will hate what the Breeze has. Very short shows, very few performers, no props, & no live music. No live music for the stage shows; there is live music in some other places (I have to cover my butt, or some people will tear me apart there).

The decor is not to my liking (very bland), but many other people seem to prefer it. They must live in Vegas or someplace similar that has no bland decor. I live in a bland place, so I want the ship's decor to be more lively. Lido deck floors inside are very slippery at all times; be very careful.

That's the bad & the possibly ugly. Everything else is good or great. Plenty of food options, great waterslides, ropes course, 3D theater (at an extra cost-which I did do & enjoyed), cove balconies, nice atmosphere of people.

Good-service was fantastic, staff are a cut above

Bad-the buffet food at dinner was mediocre at best

Ugly- the decor throughout the ship is very Holiday Inn -ish ie plain and neutral . Of course not typical Carnival fun ship style but not luxurious like other cruise lines either. Only the cabin decor was really nice.

I liked the Breeze decor. Definitely not garish and glitzy as some of the other ships in the fleet. Liberty might still be the prettiest (to me).

I liked the layout of the ship.

Hallway

20140925_154441_zpse8wnbr62.jpg

Ocean Plaza

20140925_154841_zpsto79jfdo.jpg

Piano Bar to the left

20140925_154556_zpscxcr2tds.jpg

Aft pool

20140925_160231_zpsq6zjgkvr.jpg

Main pool deck

20140925_155829_zpsgtpvoujj.jpg

Matt Mitcham - wonderful CD. Energetic, with a great sense of humour!

20140924_222817_zpsqpk64kue.jpg

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

Read your review... thanks for publishing it! We also have an Interior Spa Room booked for our Christmas cruise, but I believe ours will be under a locker room so hopefully we won't hear the thuds you did. So looking forward to our vacation!

Thanks again for taking the time!

Would agree with most of the posts. Did a February cruise on the Breeze and will be doing another in January. (Have 16 Carnival cruises to compare with). The Breeze is one pf the biggest Carnival ships and is the newest. It has all the amenities you would want and already has the 2.0 changes. The decor is OK and I like the palm trees on some decks. Will be doing a Cove Balcony for the first time so no comment about that yet.

As for the entertainment. ...................... I wish I could say better but I was not impressed at all when compared to my other cruises. WHY IN THE GOOD LORD, IS THE MUSIC PLAYED SO LOUDLY? The flashing beams of light are interesting at first until the first one hits you squarely in the eyes and you are blinded for several seconds. The dancers and singers certainly try but the choreography is lacking. Costumes were not much to brag about. I did like the computer backgrounds, however, and that was different.

Will continue to sail the Breeze until the next bigger and newer ship is assigned to Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

If I recall correctly, Breeze was the first Carnival ship whose interiors were NOT designed by Joe Farcus. Nothing against Farcus, but his interiors were getting a little over the top over the years, but are worth seeing on the older ships. He had a good, long run with Carnival until he decided to give it up. He also did interiors for other Carnival corp. ships. Kudos to Joe, but time for a change, and Breeze is a breath of fresh air!

My fav Carnival ship. Two weeks in Mediterranean- loved the trip so much we cancelled our Royal Caribbean cruise on oasis to take the Breeze again. Scheduled for the breeze for Easter....

The food great, entertainment excellent(love the piano bar and comedy club and thrill theater) we do spa cabins do those are great... And the price is right!

Room 2256; avoid like the plague. Room is next to a closet that has plumbing in it. My carpet stayed wet for the first 4 days. Huge fans were placed in my room from morning to bedtime until day 5.

Hope this was a one time problem as we have this room in December. How was the room otherwise???