Tunis (la goulette), tunisia

Cruize

This may have been covered already, but.....Visas.

I have been getting conflicting information on whether or not we require a visa pre cruise for Tunis. Some say there is a blanket visa if we take a ship excursion, Emerald Princess May 2015. By this date the ship may not even be calling into Tunis!

Yes, I have contacted the TA and looked into the Tunisia embassy website. The nearest embassy is in Australia.

We hold New Zealand passports and generally don't have any issues.

Worst nightmare would be refused boarding because we don't have appropriate visas!:eek:

Paul

Edited by Tickle

• 1 month later...

Paul why don't you send an email to the embassy. I sent off one today to secretary@embassytunisia.com and received the following reply "cruise passenger do not need visa to enter Tunisia, they will acquire one free of charge at the airport". I presume they mean at the port. We are Australian citizens so if you send off your email and tell them that you are travelling on a New Zealand passport they will reply. I had the reply within 3 hours. We are on the Emerald Princess next July.

Denise

Thanks Denise.

I sent an email to the embassy over a month ago and am still waiting for a reply. A visa site and our travel agent say that cruise ship passengers in port for only one day are covered by a blanket ship visa. Hope this doesn't suddenly change!

Paul

Thanks Denise.

I sent an email to the embassy over a month ago and am still waiting for a reply. A visa site and our travel agent say that cruise ship passengers in port for only one day are covered by a blanket ship visa. Hope this doesn't suddenly change!

Paul

Hi Paul,

visa is no longer required to Australians, New zeland and south Africans to enter Tunisia. this is a new Law that has been put in place late November in order to promote the Tourism industry within Tunisia and to get rid of red tapes and Barriers that may affect Travellers in a negative way.

Hi Paul,

visa is no longer required to Australians, New zeland and south Africans to enter Tunisia. this is a new Law that has been put in place late November in order to promote the Tourism industry within Tunisia and to get rid of red tapes and Barriers that may affect Travellers in a negative way.

Thanks for the up to date information that neither Princess nor my Travel Agent have informed me of!:mad:

Cheers, Paul

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Paul why don't you send an email to the embassy. I sent off one today to secretary@embassytunisia.com and received the following reply "cruise passenger do not need visa to enter Tunisia, they will acquire one free of charge at the airport". I presume they mean at the port. We are Australian citizens so if you send off your email and tell them that you are travelling on a New Zealand passport they will reply. I had the reply within 3 hours. We are on the Emerald Princess next July.

Denise

I am wondering which cruise you are taking in July. We are doing Istanbul to Barcelona July 25th and have yet to meet a fellow cruiser. There is a roll call for July 11. That is a longer cruise of which ours is a part but everyone on is seems to be doing a different leg.

Robyn & Dennis

I am wondering which cruise you are taking in July. We are doing Istanbul to Barcelona July 25th and have yet to meet a fellow cruiser. There is a roll call for July 11. That is a longer cruise of which ours is a part but everyone on is seems to be doing a different leg.

Robyn & Dennis

Sorry Denise, I have just realised you are already on that roll call. I must be suffering from CC overload!

Cheers, Robyn

Sorry, but I can't help with the visa question. Also, sorry, don't mean to get off topic, but DH and I are stopping at Tunisia in August. Are you doing a ship's tour, DIY or private excursion. DH is concerned about safety issues. Thanks.

Sorry, but I can't help with the visa question. Also, sorry, don't mean to get off topic, but DH and I are stopping at Tunisia in August. Are you doing a ship's tour, DIY or private excursion. DH is concerned about safety issues. Thanks.

My husband is also concerned about safety issues in Tunisia and I think we will probably adopt a wait and see approach. When do you join the cruise?

Regards

My husband is also concerned about safety issues in Tunisia and I think we will probably adopt a wait and see approach. When do you join the cruise?

Regards

We are on the Zuiderdam leaving Barcelona on 13th August. I have found a good private tour at half the cost and half the number of people than the ships tour. I think that at the moment I will wait and see. Have mentioned it on our very small roll call but so far no takers. Cheers, Jen.

• 4 weeks later...
We are on the Zuiderdam leaving Barcelona on 13th August. I have found a good private tour at half the cost and half the number of people than the ships tour. I think that at the moment I will wait and see. Have mentioned it on our very small roll call but so far no takers. Cheers, Jen.

post 282 Provides a good review on Tunisia

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41255148&highlight=noureddine#post41255148