Special needs at sea question?

jerseyaxn

Just contact SpecialNeedsatSeas . There's no obligation on your part and no one from SpecialNeedsSea will contact you later to solicited business. You'll find them to be very helpful in answering any of your questions.

Theft on board the ship is highly unlikely . However mixing up scooters does occur as the most common scooter rented by both CareVacations and SpecialNeedsatSea are the Pride GoGo Elite Travel and the Pride GoGo Sport. Scooter keys are not unique like car keys so someone can mistakenly take a scooter because the rentals all look alike and the same key will operate any scooter in the Pride GoGo Series. Than on disembarkation day you leave the scooter in the cabin thinking that it will close out your contact. However in the event of a mix up occurred the rental control number on the scooter in your cabin will not match the one assigned to you and it won't be credited as you having returned the scooter. Hopefully who ever ended up with your will have properly returned it and not damaged.

In the unlikely event of theft it is most likely to occur if left unattended in port. Just removing the key will not eliminate the possibility of theft as the rental scooters can be easily broken don't to fit into a vehicle or lifted fully assembled into the back of van. Replacement keys for the Pride GoGo series can easily be purchased on line for about USA$5.00 so not having a key will not stop someone who really wants to steal it.

The insurance not only covers theft. It covers loss and damage as well. Suggest you check out this threadhttp://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2415358&page=2 . If the people had insurance they wouldn't be on the hook for full replacement.

Where do you think they will go with it, Overboad?? You can't park it in the passageways and in the MDR they take it to a storage til you are done unless you must stay in it due to immobility. Use a credit card, ask them if it covers rental.

Where do you think they will go with it, Overboad?? You can't park it in the passageways and in the MDR they take it to a storage til you are done unless you must stay in it due to immobility. Use a credit card, ask them if it covers rental.

Though the dining staff will take the scooter and park it elsewhere, on different cruise lines as well as different ships the the dining room staff has returned the wrong scooter to me. As explained in my previous post the rental scooters are basically the same models of Pride GoGo and that any Pride GoGo Key will work in every rental on board ship.

I've actually witnessed a passenger seated at my table ride into the MDR on a Red Pride GoGo marked as being a rental from CareVacations ,than watched the dining staff returned a blue Pride GoGo that was not marked as a rental. The passenger got on it and was going to ride it out oblivious to the fact it wasn't her assigned rental scooter. I had to stop her and tell her that she had the wrong scooter. Though this is not theft rather a mix-up but it can and does pose a lot of problems when the passenger leaves the wrong scooter in their cabin for pickup. Thus the reason I place a cruise luggage tag as well as tie a bright neon green scarf for identification purposes to avoid a mix-up.

Thank you i aoperciate it .Thw other guy is teying to be funny. I was also thinking of theft in ports when i origanally asked the question

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

Since you are considering renting a scooter from either CareVacations or SpecialNeedsatSea thought you might like to see the video of how a Pride GoGo scooter breaks down to fit into a trunk of car just in case you what to take a taxi while in port. Note the GoGo model shown in the link is not the model that is used as rental but it does breakdown the same way. Fast forward to the54 sec. mark to see view the disassembly

Edited by xxoocruiser

:confused:Funny story. My husband and I were sitting in the living room and my Travelscoot was parked nearby. We started hearing a pinging noise that was occurring every few seconds. We could not figure out where it was coming from!!! Finally we realized it was coming from the scooter. Specifically the small red velvet bag that holds the cable lock and key that I purchased with it a couple of years ago. It has never been used (not even once) but I found out that there is a battery in the cable and that's what was pinging. Announcing that the battery was dead. Seems it can't be activated now so if someone tries to steal the scooter the lock and cable will not sound the siren.

Considering that I have never used it I don't think I will purchase another one. There is no key with the Travelscoot so it is not as safe as some of the scooters that operate with a key. I usually keep it within my sight.

Wendy:eek:

:

Considering that I have never used it I don't think I will purchase another one. There is no key with the Travelscoot so it is not as safe as some of the scooters that operate with a key. I usually keep it within my sight.

Wendy:eek:

Actually scooters with keys are not as safe as you may think. Reason being the keys are not unique as car keys and just about any scooter key can be purchased on line for a nominal cost. If someone really wants the scooter the scooter while in port all they have to do is place it free wheel mode and walk away pulling it.