Eaton Bikes -- getting nervous!

rnvattes

Hoping someone from KW or who has dealt with this outfit before can give me reassurance.

I made my reservation a couple/few weeks back. When I did so, it did not ask for any form of payment, nor for details regarding where I want my bikes delivered. I sent an email last week requesting confirmation of my reservation and info on these details, and have not heard back.

Thoughts? (I know I could call but I'm hoping to avoid a long distance call when email is free ;) )

We always rent from A & M, but Eaton Bikes is a very reputable company and comes highly recommended (even by the owner of my preferred rental place). I would email them again. If you didn't originally provide any delivery instructions, they may be expecting you to pick them up from one of their locations. There's always a chance they didn't receive your email.

Have sent another email and a FB message. Still nada as of this morning. Will give them til tomorrow and then I guess I'll have to call. Not starting off as a great experience with them... :rolleyes:

It is crazy busy in town this week. Not making excuses for them, but just letting you know... Eaton is one of the best companies in town. I would not be too concerned. Also, do you really pay extra for long distance? I have not heard of that in like 10 years!

It is crazy busy in town this week. Not making excuses for them, but just letting you know... Eaton is one of the best companies in town. I would not be too concerned. Also, do you really pay extra for long distance? I have not heard of that in like 10 years!

We do! We live pretty frugally ;)

Still have not heard anything back...

Well, no reply so I finally called their number. No answer there, went directly to voicemail. Left a message with all my info... Let's see what happens!

:rolleyes:

Ready to cancel my reservation at this point -- not a great first impression! Four electronic messages, and one voice mail... I just have some simple questions!

Just got a call a short bit ago from the owner of Eaton. He said he got an alert from a message board that I was getting nervous about our bike rental reservation. :p Did one of you cool cats call them up for me??

In any case, we are all set. And I am feeling much more at ease.

Just got a call a short bit ago from the owner of Eaton. He said he got an alert from a message board that I was getting nervous about our bike rental reservation. :p Did one of you cool cats call them up for me??

In any case, we are all set. And I am feeling much more at ease.

Went by there today and they were slammed but still had bikes available. Don't worry.

Mike:)

• 3 weeks later...

Just popping on by post-cruise to say that our experience with Eaton Bikes was just fantastic. Friendly staff, helpful with information/directions, and easy peasy pick-up and drop-off.

I guess there must have been something screwy with their email system or something the week I couldn't get in touch with them. But my worries were unfounded, and I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone visiting Key West!

Thanks to the locals for your reassurances and for your help, too!

Archived