Waterslides: Minimum weight? Anyone stuck?

jnsma

It's just a standard scale you stand on. Only you and the slide staff can see it. You're also weighed for the ropes course.

I was on Getaway in March and there was no scale for the ropes course. Speaking you have to fit into the harness... that is a sizable yay or nay enough for the ropes course. If you can't safely fit... you'd be too big or too small. I'll be back on the Getaway in 18 days, so when I return I'll post any updated facts.

Was on the Breakaway for my kids spring break in march 2014 and they didn't have the back boards then. Glad to see the addition, as it was very tough on my back and left red marks on my spine and shoulder blades for a few hours. Ouch! Only did it once because of that. And yes you have to be at least 99 pounds and they do weigh you on a scale to the previous poster who was inquiring. :)

That photo was from my May 2013 cruise on the Breakaway. I'll be going again in less than 2 weeks and will take more photos if I happen to go on the slides.

That is odd that they didn't have them in March. I couldn't imagine going on that slide without a cushion between me and the slide, especially at that velocity. Ouch indeed!

I did see a young girl of about 12 get stuck and have to use the escape hatch.

OK, since no one else said it, I will. From your title, I thought you meant stuck as in wedged sideways because of super duper love handles. A little too much fruit dunked in chocolate on every night of my cruise and I thought you meant stuck because of weight!

a little off topic, but weight gain on a cruise is unavoidable (according to my nutritionist) mostly because of the salt content in the water-once you get back to regular water that weight will come off

hmmmm...I have to say that is not necessarily true. I always lose a 2-5 pounds on a cruise. I do a lot more walking and stairs and don't over eat. My doctor loves it when I go on cruises.

Last week on the Getaway the asked riders closer to the 99 lb minimum to wear the back boards as they were not triggering a sensor to indicate they had finished the slide. They kept having to reset the slides as the light showed them as occupied despite the rider being done and off.

If you were a bit heavier no back boards were required. They were very strict on the rules regarding no jewelry, zippers on bathing suits etc