Selfie Sticks?

Hmm, can't wait to here their story about when they were in Barcelona :o

I have never feared handing over my D4 or my D810 to a fellow. The difference, I pick the person and ASK that person, I don't accept an invitation. Never been turned down, generally you find someone with a DSLR walking around, highly unlikely they will run off with yours and their camera.

Your co-workers mistake was to accept. Kind of like what you teach your kids, don't accept a ride from stranger ;)

Now THAT'S a good plan.

A Co worker thought the same until someone offered to take a pic of her and her DH for her got them all posed and ran off with her iPhone.

She now has a selfie stick

Don't you think such a criminal could just as easily see you dangling your selfie stick out in front of you, grab the phone and RUN?

And who'd try this type of thing on a cruise ship? After all, he knows you're likely to see him in the dining room tomorrow night.

Don't you think such a criminal could just as easily see you dangling your selfie stick out in front of you, grab the phone and RUN?

And who'd try this type of thing on a cruise ship? After all, he knows you're likely to see him in the dining room tomorrow night.

Good point! How far could they run?

I don't worry about what people think of me when on vacation, but I do think the selfie sticks are kinda silly and unnecessary. But that's just me. I just wouldn't wanna be bothered with it.

Selfie sticks banned at Wimbledon this year!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-32480069

So how long will it take cruise lines to ban them too? 10 years?:p

It's bad enough seeing folks in the MDR taking photos of their food but with those sticks they can take shots of themselves munching on their food as well.

Edited by DirtyDawg

Selfie sticks banned at Wimbledon this year!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-32480069

So how long will it take cruise lines to ban them too? 10 years?:p

It's bad enough seeing folks in the MDR taking photos of their food but with those sticks they can take shots of themselves munching on their food as well.

People take pictures of their food to do cruise reviews. I am Guilty of this big time. I am guessing you wont want to sit at the same table as me next cruise lol

I'd prob take a quick snap of my grub for a review, but I wouldn't want to be faffing around for ages taking snaps from 50 different angles and I REALLY wouldn't want to be waving a plastic stick with my phone stuck to the end of it in the air in the MDR. Quick snap on my camera and tuck in :sly:

Oh dear. I take pictures of my plate when dining out (always have) AND I picked up a selfie stick on our last trip. :)

I quite like the selfie stick, but loaned it to a relative several weeks ago and never got it back. I haven't seen selfie sticks available locally here, but I'm sure I'll get mine back when they are.

The hawkers are out selling them at all the tourist stops in Rome and Florence (there right now). Don't have a smartphone, just an iPad mini, so no need...

Oh,

I also take photos of my dinners and wines everywhere I go; I guess I won't be dining with DirtyDawg, either...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by slidergirl

Hmm, can't wait to here their story about when they were in Barcelona :o

I have never feared handing over my D4 or my D810 to a fellow. The difference, I pick the person and ASK that person, I don't accept an invitation. Never been turned down, generally you find someone with a DSLR walking around, highly unlikely they will run off with yours and their camera.

Your co-workers mistake was to accept. Kind of like what you teach your kids, don't accept a ride from stranger ;)

Maybe they just stole that one from someone else. ;)

She should traveled with a Blackberry. No one in their right mind would ever steal one of those.;)

Awww, I have a BlackBerry for work and I love it (for work stuff). It handles Outlook functions much better than the iPhone (we can choose either an iPhone or BB) and I love the keyboard. My line always is "What the BB does, it does much better than the iPhone - the problem is more in what it doesn't do"

That said, I definitely don't have to worry about theft. ;)

As to selfie sticks - I just got an action cam and bought a kit with a bunch of different mounts, one is a selfie stick. I have no plans on using it to take selfies, but it could be used to get different angle shots than you could get without it.

The hawkers are out selling them at all the tourist stops in Rome and Florence (there right now). Don't have a smartphone, just an iPad mini, so no need...

Oh,

I also take photos of my dinners and wines everywhere I go; I guess I won't be dining with DirtyDawg, either...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's OK, you can dine with CanadianDee and trev71 and you all can snap away to your hearts' content. Hopefully waaaay over at the other end of the MDR.;)