Hampton Inn on Brickell......(Miami)

Lois R

No comparison. If you arrive early then I would stay at the one in Miami.

If you arrive late at night then the one in Fort Lauderdale would be fine.

Remember, if you want dinner you won't get that at the Hampton Inn other than ordering Inn and having some place local deliver to you.

Keith

A taxi will run $100 from FLL to Hampton Inn in Brickell ..

Not sure what moving walkway you are talking about did not see one near the hotel

They do have the free metro mover that will take you to Bayside area if you choose

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/metromover.asp

I was referring to the metro mover! My bad. We are taking a cab from the FL airport to the hotel. The shuttle is cheaper but could make other stops

I was referring to the metro mover! My bad. We are taking a cab from the FL airport to the hotel. The shuttle is cheaper but could make other stops

I think we will have a car or van pick us up. It's about $100 plus $20 tip

Just curious , how much for a cab ? We usually cruise out of Galveston so this is all new to me :eek:

I think we will have a car or van pick us up. It's about $100 plus $20 tip

Just curious , how much for a cab ? We usually cruise out of Galveston so this is all new to me :eek:

A cab from the airport in Ft. Lauderdale to this hotel in downtown

Miami? About 100 bucks.......

• 3 weeks later...
We will be staying at the Hampton Inn on Brickell next week. Any good recommendations for restaurants within walking distance?

thanks in advance,

What kind of food do you like? There are many within walking distance.

Steak: 1) Edge Steakhouse at the Four Seasons. Great happy hour as well.

2) PM Steakhouse

3) Capital Grille

4) Wolfgang's Steakhouse

5) Mortan's Steakhouse

Seafood: 1) River Oyster

2) Trulucks

Italian: 1) Toscana Divino in Mary Brickell

2) Perricones

You also have a casual gastro pub at the bottom of the hotel, called Batch Gastropub. For sushi and Japanese, you have Hannya, Sumi Yakitori, Dokura or Naoe over on Brickell Key.

La Mar at the Mandarin Oriental is also amazing.

As I live in Brickell, we eat out quite a few nights a week so know the restaurants within walking distance very well.

What kind of food do you like? There are many within walking distance.

Steak: 1) Edge Steakhouse at the Four Seasons. Great happy hour as well.

2) PM Steakhouse

3) Capital Grille

4) Wolfgang's Steakhouse

5) Mortan's Steakhouse

Seafood: 1) River Oyster

2) Trulucks

Italian: 1) Toscana Divino in Mary Brickell

2) Perricones

You also have a casual gastro pub at the bottom of the hotel, called Batch Gastropub. For sushi and Japanese, you have Hannya, Sumi Yakitori, Dokura or Naoe over on Brickell Key.

La Mar at the Mandarin Oriental is also amazing.

As I live in Brickell, we eat out quite a few nights a week so know the restaurants within walking distance very well.

Thank you! Italian and Seafood look good to us.

I have been to Perricone's before and it is very good:)

When I was in Miami in November I ate near Perricone's at another

Italian Restaurant called La Gazzetta.......it was delicious too:D

Both restaurants are very near the hotel:)...you can walk to both

of them.

River Oyster is a locally owned restaurant that is currently located in Brickell. One of all time favorites, however they will be relocating about mid February.

Trulucks is a chain, but it's really very good. Monday nights they have an all you can eat stone crab special going.

PM Fish & Steakhouse is also in the area and is excellent.

Toscana Divino is fabulous and again, one of my all time favorites. They have a great happy hour 7 days a week from 6 to 8 pm at their bar and they have some nice food on the menu. The pasta here is always fantastic.

Perricone's is a very pretty Italian restaurant that is very popular. Moye is a new Italian Restaurant around here as well. I enjoyed my meal there.

You honestly can't go wrong with any of these!

River Oyster is a locally owned restaurant that is currently located in Brickell. One of all time favorites, however they will be relocating about mid February.

You honestly can't go wrong with any of these!

Where is River Oyster moving??

Was at the Viceroy/Icon a couple of days ago.

I still cannot get over their incredible pool deck. It makes me speechless.

I think if we do end up relocating to Miami, I'll hold out for something in the Icon.

Hi - sorry to resurrect this; I'm coming (alone) from Australia to Miami early May to join a cruise. I have allocated 3 nights and looked at The Hampton, Brickell on Trip Advisor, but can get accom at Aloft, Brickell for a fair bit less.

Any comments on this alternative?

Thanks

Hi - sorry to resurrect this; I'm coming (alone) from Australia to Miami early May to join a cruise. I have allocated 3 nights and looked at The Hampton, Brickell on Trip Advisor, but can get accom at Aloft, Brickell for a fair bit less.

Any comments on this alternative?

Thanks

Hi, don't be sorry:)...I started this thread to help other folks.....

Hoping someone who has stayed at Aloft can help you:)...

Have a wonderful cruise:D

Also looking at Hampton Inn/Brickell for November. How do you go about getting the cc price or package deal? Thank you! Looking to book for 6 of us. We will take 2 taxi's to the port thank you for that info!!

Hi,:) I found the CC package here on Cruise Critic....there was a banner

that was flashing....but I don't see it right now. I would suggest

calling the hotel and tell them you are trying to find the same package

as a fellow CCr booked back in November:)

We are cruising in April and have booked this hotel. We fly into Fll so can anyone tell me the best way to get to the hotel from FLL?

From the FLL airport to any downtown Miami hotel is about 45-60 minute ride. In a taxi it will cost you about $80 on the meter; depending upon what time you arrive shared shuttle service may be available for about $15-25+ per person - check with SAS, QLS, MJS and Go Airport shuttle. Go Airport also offers private car service - it used to be about $90, but they should give you a quote on line.

Uber is active in FLL and Miami - I have seen quotes in the $50-60 range, plus reports that they are trying to keep Uber drivers from picking up at the airport.

Your other option - particularly for a late arrival, is to stay near FLL and use a shared shuttle to get to POM the next morning - lots of competition and the $15 fare seems about standard.

From the FLL airport to any downtown Miami hotel is about 45-60 minute ride. In a taxi it will cost you about $80 on the meter; depending upon what time you arrive shared shuttle service may be available for about $15-25+ per person - check with SAS, QLS, MJS and Go Airport shuttle. Go Airport also offers private car service - it used to be about $90, but they should give you a quote on line.

Uber is active in FLL and Miami - I have seen quotes in the $50-60 range, plus reports that they are trying to keep Uber drivers from picking up at the airport.

Your other option - particularly for a late arrival, is to stay near FLL and use a shared shuttle to get to POM the next morning - lots of competition and the $15 fare seems about standard.

Thanks

I have been to Perricone's before and it is very good:)

When I was in Miami in November I ate near Perricone's at another

Italian Restaurant called La Gazzetta.......it was delicious too:D

Both restaurants are very near the hotel:)...you can walk to both

of them.

la Gazetta just actually shut down within the last couple of days. Very quick and without warning!